Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Please Share Your Experience Heated Seats & Grips  (Read 460 times)

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Master
Re: Please Share Your Experience Heated Seats & Grips
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 07:54:08 PM »
Triumph grips don't seem as hot as the Oxford ones I had on my Thundercat but they are sufficient. I made a set of overmits from some cordura fabric as a wind block and these help in a big way, along side the grips. No matter how hot your grips the back of your hands still get cold with the wind chill.  Heated seat is excellent. Only downside I find is that if its raining you sometimes get the sensation that you've peed yourself.  :492:

Offline Alunr

• Tiger Master
  • Alun
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2019, 09:20:24 AM »
Well at least if you're riding in the rain, you don't need to worry about pee stops  :001:
Give a man a fish and he'll demand chips, a six pack of stella, 20 fags and a scratch card to go with it. Make him do some work for his fish. He'll aporeciate it more.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2019, 03:46:43 PM »
I've got OEM Triumph on mine ('15 XRx). They're warm enough on the low setting for 3 season use and just about right on high setting for winter. Had the R&G heated grips on my old Tiger 1050, Bonnie SE, and Scrambler - they have 5 heat settings, 2 is toasty warm, 3, 4, and 5 are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns respectively. Had the 800 not come with OEM grips, I'd have used the R&G ones again.

My T120, incidentally, also has OEM heated grips on and they seem fine, though I haven't given them as much of an outing as the Tiger.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline TyneTiger

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800 Roadie
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2019, 05:33:24 PM »
The 2019 XR and XC models all have 34amp alternators. The XRT has heated grips and heated seats but LED lighting, which would reduce the overall load.

Recent Topics