Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Please Share Your Experience Heated Seats & Grips  (Read 1176 times)

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Master
Re: Please Share Your Experience Heated Seats & Grips
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 07:54:08 PM »
Triumph grips don't seem as hot as the Oxford ones I had on my Thundercat but they are sufficient. I made a set of overmits from some cordura fabric as a wind block and these help in a big way, along side the grips. No matter how hot your grips the back of your hands still get cold with the wind chill.  Heated seat is excellent. Only downside I find is that if its raining you sometimes get the sensation that you've peed yourself.  :492:

Offline Alunr

• Tiger Master
  • Alun
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2019, 09:20:24 AM »
Well at least if you're riding in the rain, you don't need to worry about pee stops  :001:
Give a man a fish and he'll demand chips, a six pack of stella, 20 fags and a scratch card to go with it. Make him do some work for his fish. He'll aporeciate it more.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2019, 03:46:43 PM »
I've got OEM Triumph on mine ('15 XRx). They're warm enough on the low setting for 3 season use and just about right on high setting for winter. Had the R&G heated grips on my old Tiger 1050, Bonnie SE, and Scrambler - they have 5 heat settings, 2 is toasty warm, 3, 4, and 5 are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns respectively. Had the 800 not come with OEM grips, I'd have used the R&G ones again.

My T120, incidentally, also has OEM heated grips on and they seem fine, though I haven't given them as much of an outing as the Tiger.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline TyneTiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 Roadie
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2019, 05:33:24 PM »
The 2019 XR and XC models all have 34amp alternators. The XRT has heated grips and heated seats but LED lighting, which would reduce the overall load.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2019, 11:37:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
Had the R&G heated grips on my old Tiger 1050, Bonnie SE, and Scrambler - they have 5 heat settings, 2 is toasty warm, 3, 4, and 5 are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns respectively.

For Paulhere's benefit, I should say that the above is a joke. You'll only get up to 2nd degree burns.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline sprint

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2019, 02:55:36 PM »
From new, 18 XRt, the std grips were tepid. Measured them with a thermocouple and dvm at around 30 deg C. My Oxford ones on another bike get to around 50/55 deg C max. Spoke to Triumph and they confirmed mine were not right and that they had updated the grips and that I needed to get them changed under warranty. Have not got around to having them changed this year but will have them replaced during the first year service next year.

So if you have a 18 plated one with poor heated grips get them replaced under warranty. The replacements may well be just as poor, I will find out when they are replaced.

Not had much use of the heated seat. I found the original seat so uncomfortable that I bought a used std one and had the profile and padding changed and now very happy. Modifying the std heated seat can be problematic so I chose to replace it with a modified std one but still have the heated one should I really need it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 03:04:37 PM by sprint »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch