Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which Bluetooth Earbugs ?  (Read 169 times)

Offline cat10

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: tiger 800 abs
Which Bluetooth Earbugs ?
« on: November 08, 2019, 11:12:06 PM »
Hi guys, nearly there with my sat nav setup. Just need some Bluetooth Earbugs to pair with my sat nav.
I Don,t need an intercom setup just something to connect to sat nav to hear directions.
What do you guys recommend.....

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Which Bluetooth Earbugs ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 12:11:44 AM »
It is going to depend a lot on both your helmet shape and your tolerance to pain. Over the years I have tried many in ear ear buds from just about all the leading brands and none have been comfortable for more than an hour or so.
In helmet speakers are a god send imo.
Really you can only experiment yourself. What works for one person probably wont work for another and vice versa.

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 08:45:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
In helmet speakers are a god send imo.

:0461: I have the scala rider kit, I can hear the instructions at 80mph with earplugs fitted. Dunno if others are any better, had no reason to try any.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Online Mav

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 09:25:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
:0461: I have the scala rider kit, I can hear the instructions at 80mph with earplugs fitted. Dunno if others are any better, had no reason to try any.

:0461:
2017 XRx
2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor

Offline Wal_T

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: White 2019 XRX
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 10:15:41 AM »
Haven't tried any earbuds, but have had several in-helmet bluetooth systems. I'm rolling with a Sena SRL-02 which pairs to my Android phone running Tomtom, and streams music of course, as well as permitting phone calls (if that's your thing while riding - it's not for me!). Previously had Scala rider and before that a Cardo. They all do the job with the same functionality more or less. Interestingly the oldest Cardo system had the best (loudest) speakers.

I ride with earplugs in, I don't know if earbuds provide adequate noise attenuation to prevent hearing damage (maybe they do).

If the earbuds come at a similar price as an in-helmet intercom system I'd definitely go with the system; you don't have use the intercom functions, but when you want it there it is.

Also, have you considered how difficult it is to fit a pair of earbuds and then put a helmet on without them becoming dislodged? I tried it once and it was a fail.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 10:18:29 AM by Wal_T »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch