Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Saddlemen seats  (Read 608 times)

Offline ballingrud

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2014 Tiger 800
Saddlemen seats
« on: November 09, 2019, 08:42:22 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the Saddlemen Adventure Tour seats - specifically the low option? I'm 5'8", 30 inch inseam, and I have the OEM seat positioned to the low setting. I've read that the Saddlemen seats add height, so I'm leaning toward to their low option, but I thought I'd check here before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Saddlemen seats
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 07:54:00 AM »
Much cheaper to lower the bike an 1" with dog legs & drop the front on the forks.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 12:50:49 PM »
Hi and :401:

Based on this being your 1st post can I ask how long you have owned the bike. I ask as there are a few of us, me included, with a similar (29") inseam who started out with the seat on the more suitable lower setting but found, as I did, that after a few weeks of getting used to the bike we were able to raise the seat to the upper (and level better looking) position and then still be able to reach the floor as previous with the lower setting. :084:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline ballingrud

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2014 Tiger 800
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 09:38:06 PM »
Stevie.P, that's a good point. I am new on the bike -- I've owned it about two and a half months, have put nearly 3000 miles on it. I feel much better on it now than I did when I bought it. I'll raise the seat and see how it feels. And maybe just order the regular seat.

Offline ronnyb

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 xrx
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 02:50:17 PM »

Recent Topics