Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Tiger owner - well almost!  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Silverstripes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
Re: New Tiger owner - well almost!
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2019, 09:33:40 AM »
Hello and  :401:
It wasn't me !!

Offline Old__Rider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2019, 06:44:32 PM »
Well, I can take the "almost" from the title now. Picked up and ridden today.

Very pleased  :046:
Londoner living in Leicestershire, working in Nottingham (soon to be Northamptonshire) and riding a 800 XRt.

Offline coddy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2019, 07:47:26 PM »
Congrats old timer, what can you tell us about the sat nav holder? I didn't know there was an after market one available.

Offline Old__Rider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2019, 08:30:12 PM »
Thank you!

The holder is an Evotech https://evotech-performance.com/collections/all/make-triumph-model-tiger-type-800-xrt-year-2019 Goes up and down with the screen.
Londoner living in Leicestershire, working in Nottingham (soon to be Northamptonshire) and riding a 800 XRt.

Offline Old__Rider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2019, 08:48:53 AM »
After the first 60 miles here are my initial thoughts.

The tank is bulky so pushing it around and finding its CoG balance will take a little time. It seems to fill nicely.
Great C0G when on the bike. Very easy to play the keep your feet up for as long as you can at traffic lights game
It seems Loooooong, I had to move my car out to get the bike turned around on my drive last night.
Tyres dont appear to be as skittish as I was worried about. I rode home from work in the dark traffic last night with the ice warning on and it seemed to be better than OK. I will get the tyres changed as some point in the near future though.
Engine is very smooth and pulls fine. I seems less than 94BHP, but I am sure it isnt. Low speed riding is a doddle.
Gearbox is excellently smooth, no more clunks into first and up and down changes work very nicely. It does seem as though it needs another gear at the moment, ideal for pottering around in top gear getting good MPG though.
The lights are phenomenal! Dipped beam is the best of any bike I have ever ridden. With the fogs on last night too, when I was filtering up the centre of a duel carriageway, more people pulled over a little to give me more space.   
Heated grips and seat work very well. My fingers were still a little cold but I am sure that they would have been much worse without the heat.
Display is fine, I have only had the one set by the dealership running so far.
The screen is great. I rode home last night with my dirty visor up and didnt suffer from any teary eye syndrome.
Throttle doesnt seem to have enough play, I like a bit of a turn before the power starts. This may be adjustable??
Seat is big and comfy for the short distances I have done so far.
Illuminated switchgear is very funky.
The standard sound is fine, with help from the windshield, I could listen to music at a lower volume than on the Duke.
The bum, shoulder hand riding triangle is a good fit for me. 

Overall, I am very pleased.

Offline Old__Rider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2019, 09:44:21 AM »
I had the first service done a couple of weeks before Crimbo. No surprises.

I do have to say that I am loving the Tiger experience. I haven't had a chance to ride it in the warm, or on a dry road, yet however the OE tyres are no where near as bad as I had read. I even like the heated seat - which I thought was gimmicky -but it feels really good on.

Recent Topics