Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New 2020 Tiger 900 Rally & GT launch  (Read 17391 times)

Online applecorp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
Re: New 2020 Tiger 900 Rally & GT launch
« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2020, 05:13:34 PM »
Hmm, a nice bit lower than the 800. Not enough for me to 'upgrade' to though.

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #271 on: February 13, 2020, 05:16:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by applecorp [+]
Hmm, a nice bit lower than the 800. Not enough for me to 'upgrade' to though.

Just change the gearing, cheaper and you might still even spend less fuel riding. Maybe that's what they actually did on the 900...

Offline Phurtim

• Tiger Member
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 08:55:03 AM by Phurtim »

Online tcbandituk

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XRt & Street RS
« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2020, 09:19:25 AM »
Seems like the new engine is better for off road with the low down pick up, but maybe not so much for road only with the vibes, although the lower gearing may help.
Ironic that it is worse for emissions and drinks more fuel to meet Euro5  :015:
2020 Street Triple RS
2018 Tiger 800 XRt

TC Drag Bike

Offline Mike_Blomquist

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger900 R pro
« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2020, 09:23:32 AM »
Im coming off a 2018 harley. Im quite surprised how worried everyone is about vibrations, even visordown says they are far less then on a twin..  motobob said it was nothing compared to a twin but a tiny bit more then the 800. Im gettin a 900 if it feels like they claim.
//soon to own a Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2020, 09:24:13 AM »
Nice they talked about mileage and also the thing that puzzled me, the co2 emissions being quite higher on a Euro 5 engine, which is counter intuitive.
I've been saying this for a while, this pollution race for higher cc is very questionable, who wants to burn more fuel every 2-3 years...

This sums up pretty well these tests "it also feels lighter, better balanced with a lower centre of gravity, more agile and even, to me, narrower at the knees. Even if its partly psychosomatic, its good stuff off-road."
So yeah off-road kind, on road is more debatable.

What really makes me happy to have bought the 800, despite I wanted a normal triple, is the free luggage I got, which is shamefully not included according to them, on the expensive GT pro, I wouldn't pay so much.
Also you can argue changing gearing on the 800 would give you the same reduction in rpms and more kick like the 900.

Offline Phurtim

• Tiger Member
« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2020, 10:00:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
...What really makes me happy to have bought the 800, despite I wanted a normal triple, is the free luggage I got, which is shamefully not included according to them, on the expensive GT pro, I wouldn't pay so much...

The free luggage l which I also obtained on my 19 800xrt, and other deals that makers offer sometimes, occur when sales are slow, often in winter or when a bike is coming to the end of its production run with a new model due out, so they want to speed up clearance of the old bikes.

It would be unusual though for a maker to offer deals on brand new model bikes, they'll tend to wait and see how sales progress before considering that. I wouldn't call it "shameful" that there's no free luggage on the 900, it's just business. Very few bikes in this class include luggage in the list price.

There's always the chance that Triumph may introduce free luggage or other deals on the 900 at some stage if sales are worse than anticipated and the most likely time for this is next winter when bike sales are always slow anyway.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:09:04 AM by Phurtim »

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #277 on: February 14, 2020, 10:11:09 AM »
 :0461:

When I bought my XRt Sept 15 the 'Gen 2' bikes were pretty new and I was unable, even as a cash sale, to negotiate any discount except 10% on the long list of accessories I wanted and free fitting at PDI. I purchased the carrier and topbox and fortunately by the time I was ready for using panniers and had indicated to my dealer I was near buying them (525) they became free with new bikes and I was able to buy them still boxed off a forum member at a decent saving, (325) posted.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2020, 10:15:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]

When I bought my XRt Sept 15 the 'Gen 2' bikes were pretty new and I was unable, even as a cash sale, to negotiate any discount except 10% on the long list of accessories I wanted and free fitting at PDI. I purchased the carrier and topbox and fortunately by the time I was ready for using panniers and had indicated to my dealer I was near buying them (525) they became free with new bikes and I was able to buy them still boxed off a forum member at a decent saving, (325) posted.

Though they weren't the sturdy aluminum type, I was still offered the luggage for free, on my 2017 Africa twin and got a price on the bike, so Triumph is not impressing me on this matter.

Offline Phurtim

• Tiger Member
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2020, 10:19:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]

There are two situations here regarding deals. One is the factory deals like the free luggage on the recent 800 bikes which every buyer receives and are promoted by makers in their marketing material, the other is whatever discount or freebies individual buyers can negotiate with their dealer and not usually advertised.

As for cash sales, dealers these days actually prefer buyers to use some form of credit like the currently popular PCP etc. because they get a cut from the finance company and thus a bigger profit on the sale, but receive no such incentive from a cash purchase.

I'm really looking forward to test riding the 900, the GTP will be my preferred model as it's the new version of my XRT. I prefer the looks of the RP but it's too tall for me.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:25:45 AM by Phurtim »

Recent Topics