Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New 2020 Tiger 900 Rally & GT launch  (Read 27281 times)

Offline Maviso

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
Re: New 2020 Tiger 900 Rally & GT launch
« Reply #360 on: March 25, 2020, 04:43:21 PM »
Re: Rox Risers

*Originally Posted by tg8 [+]
Hey Maviso congrats on the new bike!
Have you fitted the Rox Risers? Did existing cables need any modification?

Clutch cable outer is probably the most "snug" - but fully free lock to lock as in the lift & angle in the photos here.

Hope that helps. :002:
We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.

Offline tg8

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: tiger800xrx
« Reply #361 on: March 25, 2020, 05:51:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Maviso [+]
Re: Rox Risers

Clutch cable outer is probably the most "snug" - but fully free lock to lock as in the lift & angle in the photos here.

Hope that helps. :002:

Thank you that's a great help, just the info I was looking for. Pics are excellent.
One last thing, do you have the Rox model / cat. number? I'd like to order some so I'm good to go when I get my GT low, eventually (ordered
 14th Feb.).

Thanks again for the info
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 05:55:29 PM by tg8 »

Offline Maviso

• Tiger Member
« Reply #362 on: March 25, 2020, 07:24:53 PM »
That could be a bit of a challenge as I bought them back in 2015 when I bought the XRX. Ill look back in my emails or else measure them up and try and match them to current models. Other members or Adventure Bike Shop might prove helpful (www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk) if I cant identify them. Ill let you know.

Offline tg8

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #363 on: March 25, 2020, 07:49:17 PM »
That could be a bit of a challenge as I bought them back in 2015 when I bought the XRX. Ill look back in my emails or else measure them up and try and match them to current models. Other members or Adventure Bike Shop might prove helpful (www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk) if I cant identify them. Ill let you know.

No worries Maviso, really appreciate the help  :002:

Offline Maviso

• Tiger Member
« Reply #364 on: March 25, 2020, 11:56:39 PM »
 :152: OK, these are the ones in the picure:-

"Roxspeed Clear Anodized 2" Rise x 1 1/8" Stem Clamp x 1 1/8" Handlebar Dual Sport Pivoting Risers (1R-P2PPA) 2" center to center rise"

Find them at (no connection with me):https://bit.ly/2WJDekQ

Much advice recommending checking your cable lengths in particular. Possibly for me "less rise" allowing more "tilt toward the rider" given the overall restriction afforded by the clutch cable might have suited my riding position a little better - but hey! 14,000 wonderful miles on my XRX says it all plus why they work great for me on the 900.

Finally much conflicting advice on which order to tighten riser bolts. If you are going to tilt toward the rider there is only one option that I could see (or see recommended on the forum) - close down smaller aft M8 bolts first - adjust rake (or tilt) before closing down front large bolts to recommended Triumph torque setting. I am told the M8 bolts on the riser themselves (securing the handlebars) should be 18-20 ft. lbs. 

Hope it goes OK - I got most original information from this forum (of course)

Offline OzzieTiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2019
« Reply #365 on: March 26, 2020, 01:05:52 AM »
Very nice bike Maviso!  :152:

Although I am more than happy with my 2019 800 XRT.

Good photos mate. :002:

Offline tg8

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #366 on: March 26, 2020, 07:27:43 AM »

"Roxspeed Clear Anodized 2" Rise x 1 1/8" Stem Clamp x 1 1/8" Handlebar Dual Sport Pivoting Risers (1R-P2PPA) 2" center to center rise"

Ordered a set.

Thank you for all the info, it's really appreciated.

Stay safe and enjoy the new bike!

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2020, 10:34:28 AM »

Much advice recommending checking your cable lengths in particular. Possibly for me "less rise" allowing more "tilt toward the rider" given the overall restriction afforded by the clutch cable might have suited my riding position a little better - but hey! 14,000 wonderful miles on my XRX says it all plus why they work great for me on the 900.

Finally much conflicting advice on which order to tighten riser bolts. If you are going to tilt toward the rider there is only one option that I could see (or see recommended on the forum) - close down smaller aft M8 bolts first - adjust rake (or tilt) before closing down front large bolts to recommended Triumph torque setting. I am told the M8 bolts on the riser themselves (securing the handlebars) should be 18-20 ft. lbs. 

Hope it goes OK - I got most original information from this forum (of course)

Triumph manual - admittedly the "older" 800 has the M8 headed bolt tightened first to 35Nm then the M6 headed bolt to 26Nm.  If you think about it doing it the other way puts strain on the smaller threaded bolt.
Lost again

Offline Maviso

• Tiger Member
« Reply #368 on: March 26, 2020, 10:59:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Triumph manual - admittedly the "older" 800 has the M8 headed bolt tightened first to 35Nm then the M6 headed bolt to 26Nm.  If you think about it doing it the other way puts strain on the smaller threaded bolt.

Apologies for I believe getting my M8 vs M6 bolts the wrong way round in earlier posts  :112:

Totally agree with KildareMan but IMHO there is no way you can angle the risers back toward the rider and still get access to the smaller bolts.

Interestingly when my new bike arrived from Destination Triumph - as delivered i.e. no risers - the rear smaller M6 bolts had been wound right down (no gaps between blocks at the rear) whilst there was a small gap (1.5mm?) between the blocks at the front under the M8 bolts. Much the same as I have ended up with now the risers are in place (see photo in previous post).

Not sure what to read into that but in the case of angling the risers I don't believe there is a choice.

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2020, 11:16:45 AM »
Can the ROX be fitted on the inside?
Lost again

Recent Topics

winded-staunch