Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Brakes and ABS

Rear Brake Disc & ABS Ring Bolts

(1/2) > >>

felix:

Changing my rear disc, note the comments on the torque specs sheet that the bolts for the disc & abs ring should be replaced ?

1 set at Fowlers is 32.88, or World OF triumph 49.32 ! (4 of each)

I can see sets of SS bolts on ebay for the disc at 12.00 for 4 (which is almost palatable !), but not for the abs ring..

Anyhow..... question is do i REALLY have to replace them ?

:084:

KildareMan:
Originally Posted by felix
Changing my rear disc, note the comments on the torque specs sheet that the bolts for the disc & abs ring should be replaced ?

1 set at Fowlers is 32.88, or World OF triumph 49.32 ! (4 of each)

I can see sets of SS bolts on ebay for the disc at 12.00 for 4 (which is almost palatable !), but not for the abs ring..

Anyhow..... question is do i REALLY have to replace them ?

:084:

Maybe not so much the abs ring but

Put it this way. The manufacturer recommends you do.

What are those bolts holding again?

Have a look also at https://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/

CB250G5:
Harley do this as well.

Reason is that the new bolts have a dry Loctite type stuff on them, so new bolts get Loctited in.

I'd always reuse, but add a drop of Loctite to the old bolts.

Don't blame me if bits fall off though, if you're not confident, follow the manual.

felix:

Cheers for the comments chaps.....

I saw that the bolts come with Loctite already applied & assumed that's why "single use only" applies.... so as long as the bolts look ok and clean up etc i will re use them - with my trusty loctite of course....

BTW - if anyone is looking for a new rear disc then Demon Tweeks are selling EBC Rears with 20% off on ebay.

Use voucher code  PARTYTIME

So 81 reduced to 64.80 delivered.

This offer ends today tho !

:002:

Bladerunner99:
Originally Posted by felix Cheers for the comments chaps.....

I saw that the bolts come with Loctite already applied & assumed that's why "single use only" applies.... so as long as the bolts look ok and clean up etc i will re use them - with my trusty loctite of course....

BTW - if anyone is looking for a new rear disc then Demon Tweeks are selling EBC Rears with 20% off on ebay.

Use voucher code  PARTYTIME

So 81 reduced to 64.80 delivered.

This offer ends today tho !

:002:

I have reused disc bolts before, just cleaned bolt and wheel threads and re applied threadlock, no issues at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version