UK Annual Tiger 800 Mega/Mini Meets > 2021 Tiger Mega Meet - Germany

still early days for 2021 but....

(1/18) > >>

Derchef1962:
Hi everyone, as some of you may know I was "volunteered" to organise a Megameet in Germany in 2021. As I know from others who had already organised such a meet I'd like to know whether there is enough interest for you to come over the channel and take part.

If we have the meet over here the base camp will be in the Rhein-Main Area between Frankfurt and Wiesbaden. We have several hotels around here catering for fair and exhibition visitors so week-ends are not that crowded. I'd go for a half-board arrangement and the hotel will most likely near a motorway or major road, I'd say it will be something similar to the Premier Inn in Cockermouth.

I have already planned one ride-out for Saturday which will take us over the Taunus hills down to the River Rhine Valley in one of the most pitoresque parts of the valley. We will cross the Rhine two times on ferrys as there are no bridges over the River for almost 70 kms. Plenty of castles on the tour, even more vineyards and other things to see. Interesting roads also, we cannot compete with the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District but some of the hairpin bends are like in the Alps.

So what is  your opion on this? How many of you are interested? Shall we stick to the Friday to Sunday routine or shall we have an extra day as you need much more time to get to the base camp? I can easily organise one or two additional ride outs, not as historic and spectactular as the River Rhine but interesting in to rural Central Germany.

I think we should have 20 pers. minimum otherwise it does not make sense. Am I righ here or what's your comment on that?

Stevie.P:
1. Derchef1962
2. Stevie.P - as many days as possible to justify the distance.  :028: :305:

Wullie:
1. Derchef1962
3. Wullie - as many days as it takes!   :300:

T800XC:
1. Derchef1962
3. Wullie - as many days as it takes!   :300:
4. T800XC - extra day or two seems a sensible idea.  :028: