Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: still early days for 2021 but....  (Read 8377 times)

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
Re: still early days for 2021 but....
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2019, 08:24:22 AM »

I would be interested, but have committed to the Royal Enfield international rally in Greece 5.9.21, so if the dates don't clash then it's a yes from me!

1. Derchef1962
2. Stevie.P - as many days as possible to justify the distance.  :028: :305:
3. Wullie - as many days as it takes!   :300:
4. T800XC - extra day or two seems a sensible idea.  :028:
5. Fac191 I'm in whatever.
6. Dilbert and probs Mrs D, 4 days sounds more practical  :028:
7. Healdem dunno, don't care. Include me in  :007:
8. Lopez
9. GeoffS - Will probably set off on the Thursday; overnight en route to arrive Friday pm, then depart Monday and do another overnight.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2019, 10:40:17 AM »
*Originally Posted by steve@lincs [+]
... in Greece 5.9.21, so if the dates don't clash then it's a yes for me

Not a problem then, it's usually in early May, not September (in Engish  :164: **/05/21).  :008:.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2019, 05:31:40 PM »
Well, May was going to be the hebrides.....time to consult the you're committee!

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2019, 11:27:25 PM »
Nah. The last thing we should do is consult a committee or barter a date. The person organising the event chooses the dates. Their event, their decision their rules. If others cant make it, well such is life.  You ca t p,ease all the people all the time.
If you shift the date to please one person, the likelihood is you'll pee off someone else  as they cant make the new dates.
Besides which its May 2021, not 2020 when we are off to Wales.
2021... who is planning that far ahead :173:

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2019, 12:13:08 PM »
Healdem, sorry about that, dammed auto correct, I meant to say ' our tour' committee, i.e. the little group of us that try to get more than one trip on the collective calender each year. Fully agree with your everything you said.

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2019, 05:08:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]

me, runs in my genes .... this behaviour is enternally linked to my "no sense of humour" feature....
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2019, 05:28:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]

:084: .... I am, will need to double and start the secret 2021 Megameet fund 20 note stash now to cover the Germany 'extras'. Fortunately my 2020 secret fund is healthy enough to stop. :164:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2019, 08:46:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
:084: .... I am, will need to double and start the secret 2021 Megameet fund 20 note stash now to cover the Germany 'extras'. Fortunately my 2020 secret fund is healthy enough to stop. :164:
Hey Stevie guess you can hear me laughing all across Europe and the Channel, count me in for 20 Euros for your reptile fund. On top of that I owe you a decent drink in Wales my friend. Your choice.

Tell you what: this why I love this forum. It makes it chuckle more than once whereas the Bobber forum (heavily dominanted by your cousins across the great pond) is all about strange modifications of a bike which is almost perfect as it comes from the assembly line. No sense of humour? .... Look across the sea boys..
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2019, 07:50:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
...Tell you what: this why I love this forum. It makes it chuckle more than once whereas the Bobber forum (heavily dominanted by your cousins across the great pond) is all about strange modifications of a bike which is almost perfect as it comes from the assembly line. No sense of humour? .... Look across the sea boys..

On return to riding I had a Kawasaki Versys (the original 650 one). I noticed a significant  difference between the UK forum and the US based one. the .com was largely humourless focussed on "more power", "I need a Corbyn or sargeant seat", and so on. The UK one had elements of that but a large part is also a group of people who have nothing other than riding in common. they have a chat, chuck a few insults around and developed a community. enjoying the ups and down of life. In the near 9 years this (Tiger) site has been going we haven't quite got that same ethos and community as the Versys.co.uk. And without insulting anyone I do wonder if that is because there isn't a .com site to syphon off the more question and answer posts, and just leave the lunacy of team Brit and affiliates to prattle on. its an attitude. pull up a keyboard, start chatting, dive into the conversation and enjoy the day. and thats NOT limited to Brits, but anyone with that mindset.  :007:

The Versys site, having developed that community still has lots of acvtive ex versys riders. people want to feel they are part of that community.

Offline coddy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2019, 04:32:41 PM »
I know what you mean healdem, I used to frequent a Scooter Forum where there was a general discussion page at the top and then no more than 4 other sections below which were buy/sell, new members, rallies/ride outs and technical stuff which covered problem solving. Most of the posts were general banter all in the same topic heading and we met up regularly for years but then more and more sub headings were added and it got diluted and eventually Facebook killed it off.