Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 6000 mile service  (Read 1653 times)

Online gordybrock

• Tiger Master
Re: 6000 mile service
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 07:32:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by alke46 [+]
This is the very reason I like to do my own maintenance.  Seems like dealerships in general must have a license to steal from their customers.
  :0461:
I'm from Wigan Me

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 11:12:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
Plugs? Sure'n they'll be fine for 12k. If you want to look at your plugs at 6k, that's fine. Lot of stuff in the spec that is just a money spinner for the dealer & stuff we do ongoing as routine maintenance.

Ford spec for plugs is 100k miles for a 1.5Turbo

https://www.richmondfordwest.com/service/ford-focus-maintenance-schedule.htm

I know I know. Just commenting on the schedule not my preference. Tank of and airbox inspection easily add 1 hour to overall cost. Personally my iridium plugs have been in at least 7 years now and all good.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Master
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2020, 07:32:45 PM »
I've had issues with fuel before. My scoot kept cutting out which was unusual for the bike, changed the fuel and all good. Also I find when riding abroad my Tiger seems to run more lumpy (2018 xrt) especially when at higher altitude which I thought strange as I'm sure the electrics are suppose to sort the mixture out. I put it down to altitude and crap fuel, maybe more ethanol than we're used to. Twice I been to the Black Forest B500 and noticed a change in the way the bike runs. Once off the high points its smooth again. Maybe something I should have mentioned to my dealer but not over sure I was imagining it?

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2020, 08:01:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by nobsta [+]
Twice I been to the Black Forest B500 and noticed a change in the way the bike runs. Once off the high points its smooth again. Maybe something I should have mentioned to my dealer but not over sure I was imagining it?

Sounds odd. I've ridden the high passes, eg Iseran, Bonnette, Timmelsjoch, Stelvio, Grimsel, Susten, etc. not a problem with fuelling. The B500 is only approx. 1,000 feet above sea level at it's highest, shouldn't be any problem, great smooth road.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Master
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2020, 08:22:12 PM »
That was my thinking too. Maybe I was being over sensitive about the running of the bike but it seemed a bit different to me.

Recent Topics