Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Re-mapping and tunning for 2019 models  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Brucildooo0

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XCA 2019
Re-mapping and tunning for 2019 models
« on: December 23, 2019, 05:55:36 PM »
Hi all!
I currently have a XCA 2019 with cat delet, and i was wondering if there is any re-map available or a piggyback sistem, such as power commander v, compatible with 2019 models? My tiger is running a bit lean as it is making a lot of "pops" when engine breaking.

Thank you in advance!
Cheers.
 :417:

Offline Bladerunner99

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCA
Re: Re-mapping and tunning for 2019 models
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 04:23:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by Brucildooo0 [+]
Hi all!
I currently have a XCA 2019 with cat delet, and i was wondering if there is any re-map available or a piggyback sistem, such as power commander v, compatible with 2019 models? My tiger is running a bit lean as it is making a lot of "pops" when engine breaking.

Thank you in advance!
Cheers.
 :417:

So have you removed the CAT all together? I would be interested to see some pics if so.

Just a thought, popping can be caused by air bleeding into the exhaust system from a leak at a joint or cylinder head connection etc
Ride to work. Work to ride

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 09:46:46 AM »
8 YEARS AGO

Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Newhorizons

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015XC
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 01:48:17 AM »
Popping I would have thought was actually slightly too much fuel ??  Its not fully exploded in the combustion process.

Certainly is on older carb bikes when the idle jets are still feeding fuel under de acceleration like my Bandit. But I dont mind that sound and via an Akrapovic it is actually quite plesant.

However you should consider that the popping was happening but removing the cat has now made it audible ??

When I set up the Commander (see early thread) the dyno guy blocked an air line that goes into the exhaust (PAIR) which bleeds air for pollution regs. This is important as your dyno air fuels are slightly out due to the additional air in the pipe.

Irrespective of the points above you will probably need to retune if you want to get into a reasonable range.
The only way to know is to run it up on the dyno, for example mine was way rich in the lower throttle, maybe partly due to a different exhaust and air filter but perhaps also built in by Triumph to enable smoother revs/throttle as 'lean' is often uneven and jerky. On/off throttle seems to be the worst worst point. I( often hear stories about bikes that run very little fuel just of idle and when they throttle off it is almost like braking.

Bottom line, particularly when you see so many threads about playing around with maps & dont dyno ... we all live with what we have but when you actually dyno and remap it can be worlds away from where you were.

I know this now, more power less fuel.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 09:23:45 AM »
Worth bearing in mind that not all markets have the PAIR system installed. Ireland/UK doesn't.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: T800 Xcx 2016
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 06:16:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Worth bearing in mind that not all markets have the PAIR system installed. Ireland/UK doesn't.

What is the peer system ??
Sai?
Or recycling petrol vapor from the tank?
Thank you for informing me.

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 08:33:16 PM »
The PAIR pulse air system, sometimes called secondary air injection system is simply a method to inject fresh air from the air box into the exhaust header to combine additional  oxygen to unburnt hydrocarbons so as to reduce the hudrocarbon emissions into the atmosphere. Most effective at low RPM. Thus a hotter exhaust temperature and reduced likelthood of secondary burning (popping) in the exhaust pipe. Bypass it and you add to global warming!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:35:07 PM by chuckxc »
Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Recent Topics

winded-staunch