Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lettering rubbing off from control buttons  (Read 2044 times)

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Lettering rubbing off from control buttons
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2020, 10:32:25 AM »
You have gone from a bike with a 19 front wheel and Showa suspension F&R to a bike with a 21 front wheel and White Power suspension of course it will feel different but the rest of the bike is the same.

Offline Smalazina

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 xrx 2018
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2020, 10:52:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
You have gone from a bike with a 19 front wheel and Showa suspension F&R to a bike with a 21 front wheel and White Power suspension of course it will feel different but the rest of the bike is the same.
Hi Kiwi, Yeah I know about the suspension, it's better,  but it seems the power delivery and the response is greater Maybe it is just me being over sensitive  :084: Oh, and the buttons have solid lettering!

Offline Smalazina

• Tiger Member
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2020, 10:04:06 PM »
The Triumph dealer will fit a new the instrument cube on the left hand side. No reason was given by Triumph for the lettering coming off, but they agreed it was a faulty item, and that it will be replaced free of charge under the warranty.

Offline UncleGary

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2020, 10:44:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Smalazina [+]
The Triumph dealer will fit a new the instrument cube on the left hand side. No reason was given by Triumph for the lettering coming off, but they agreed it was a faulty item, and that it will be replaced free of charge under the warranty.
Yay! I figured it was likely a supplier issue.  :047:

Online rubbertoe

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 xca
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2020, 11:19:03 PM »
Congratulations Smalazina,  always good to hear a positive interaction with a dealer. I am taking mine to the dealer where I bought mine  for it's first service tomorrow. A 3 hour drive each way and they are the closest to me. :002:

Offline 9w6vx

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XR 2018
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2020, 01:21:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Smalazina [+]

That's a good outcome!

Offline Johnjo

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 xrt
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2020, 07:10:03 AM »
Excellent outcome.

I wonder how many more are out there ?

Offline Smalazina

• Tiger Member
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2020, 09:27:54 AM »
I still have the courtesy Triumph 800 XCA they let me ride. The switchgear on that has lettering that lights up from the back, so that means that it is embedded solid into the buttons and is translucent. Very different from having the letters applied to the surface. Thanks for your support, folks.

Offline Smalazina

• Tiger Member
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2020, 07:06:17 AM »
Well folks, I rode my Tiger home from the dealers yesterday only to find that the cruise control was not working after they had replaced the LHS switchgear cube! (let's hope the lettering doesn't rub off this one too). So I called the dealers asap and they said that the software had probably not been configured for the replacement. Great! So they offered to come and pick up the bike to sort it out and return it, which is some consolation. This does not inspire confidence in their technicians. Also, you will note that on the new Tiger 900 coming out this year, they have tucked the front turn indicators up under the handlebars in a much less vulnerable place than the 2018 800. They must have heard my earlier rant!  :232:

Offline Smalazina

• Tiger Member

Recent Topics

winded-staunch