Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ireland trip this year.  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Ireland trip this year.
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 11:12:14 AM »
We did 1,600 miles ferry from Holyhead then all around the coast as far as Westport, then across to return.

Favourite stops were:

Blarney for Kinsale, Cobh, Ringaskiddy

Glandore for Union Hall, Baltimore, Skibbereen

Killarney for the music festival, ring of Kerry & Dingle, Conor pass

Corofin for the trad music in the pubs & the cliffs of Moher

It is expensive in the touristy places. I have worked in Balina, that was similar prices to home.

Be well prepared for the liquid sunshine, we know all about it, we camped.

Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 08:42:15 PM »
Im planning to do the Wild Atlantic Way in September. There is lots of info online and you can even download a GPX file with the complete route from Malin Head in the north to Kinsale in the south. I was astounded to see that the whole trip down that west coast is over 1500 miles so probably getting on towards 2500 miles from home on the east coast of England then back.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 01:54:38 PM »
We did some touring on the Bonnie SE in 2017 and in the car in 2018. For the 2017 trip, we stopped in Ballina and travelled outwards. For the 2018 one, we started in Dublin, went down the east coast, round the south coast, Ring of Kerry, up to Galway and across to Dublin. Should be going back this year as the Shaky Bridge is being reassembled and reopened in Cork - my grandfather designed it, so me, my siblings, and my cousins all think it would make a nice occasion for a get-together.

Blarney Castle and King Charles's Fort at Kinsale are well worth visiting. On the more geographical/geological front, the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren were spectacular (and the Burren is free).
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2020, 02:45:39 PM »
Not 100% but I think the Cliffs themselves are free it's the "interpretive" centre that costs. Open to correction as it's been a while since I was last there.

PS If you fancy some out of the way places you can also do some/all of the photorally http://irishphotorally.ie/ which is live from February each year.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 02:47:25 PM by KildareMan »
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2020, 09:29:50 PM »
I suppose you could get to them by parking elsewhere and hiking round to them. To use the car park and go directly to them costs.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 09:32:30 AM »
Correction to my previous post on the Blasket Islands off the Dingle Peninsular. This year there will be a caretaker there during the summer serving tea, coffee & scones!!!
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Recent Topics

winded-staunch