Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bucks/Ox 12k service  (Read 547 times)

Offline msweb

• Tiger Cub
Bucks/Ox 12k service
« on: January 02, 2020, 08:37:48 PM »
Hi, my Tiger 800 XR is coming up to its 12k service and following problems after work done by a local, decent I think but more general bike mechanic can anyone recommend a good Oxford/Bucks UK (or mobile) Triumph-experienced mechanic with reasonable prices?

MuddySumps not available possibly until May, Clive Wood is going to mean asking my other half for 10hrs of round trips for my bike (biking isnt remotely risky compared to that conversation...). I found right track motorcycles in Oxford who seem ok so far but not a lot more other than some FaceBook likes etc and couldnt see any forum comments on them. Has anyone heard of/used them or know of someone else?

Thanks in advance.

Offline RCTiger

• Tiger Pro
Re: Bucks/Ox 12k service
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 08:46:53 PM »
There is Oxford Triumph at Premier Bikes.....

Or I think the mechanic from Hughenden M40 still operates a workshop on the old site even though the dealership closed.

Also, Hughenden used to send their bikes down to D-tech motorcycles in Postcombe for MOTs and to get some of the work done when they were too busy, I've also heard from another source that he knows his stuff
Suzuki SV650s - crashed, Triumph Sprint ST1050 - sold, Suzuki GSXR750 K3 - sold, Triumph Tiger 800 xc - broken and sold, BMW R1200RS - sold,
BMW S1000r - on the way out?

Offline msweb

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 08:56:10 PM »
That’s great thank you, I’ll check those out. I did try Premier Bikes but..675.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 08:57:41 PM by msweb »

Offline street tango

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 07:19:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by msweb [+]
Hi, my Tiger 800 XR is coming up to its 12k service and following problems after work done by a local, decent I think but more general bike mechanic can anyone recommend a good Oxford/Bucks UK (or mobile) Triumph-experienced mechanic with reasonable prices?

MuddySumps not available possibly until May, Clive Wood is going to mean asking my other half for 10hrs of round trips for my bike (biking isnt remotely risky compared to that conversation...). I found right track motorcycles in Oxford who seem ok so far but not a lot more other than some FaceBook likes etc and couldnt see any forum comments on them. Has anyone heard of/used them or know of someone else?

Thanks in advance.
If you are getting the bike out may as well go to Clive Wood.
Save a load at get it done right
07752477738 worth a call at least.

Offline Shergar

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 07:36:44 PM »
Having used Clive last year for my 6K service I will be heading back up next year for the 12K - last year I stayed and chatted but as the 12K takes longer and the bike has to be cool I shall get Mrs Shergar to head up in the car and then head to Skeggy or somewhere along the coast for an overnight stay and a meal out

Still going to be cheaper than using the dealer and I know the work will have been done to spec and any little bits sorted - plus we get a weekend away (well sort of)

Offline msweb

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 04:53:43 PM »
Thanks for that street tango/Shergar, good to know, might yet make it to him.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch