Out and About > Tiger Tails - Touring Chat and Ride Reports

Aniversary trip: Morocco

(1/1)

Lopez:
Katrina and I have celebrated our first anniversary with a getaway to Morocco.

It has been just over a week, for her to get to know Africa.

He has behaved in an exemplary way, even carrying "the other" (my partner), without jealousy between them.

Had a little fun at the sand, and a little off-road.

It's my 5th trip to Morocco, and every time I like the more.

coddy:
Looks great and perfect for warm weather winter riding for us Northern Hemisphere residents.

What's the food like down there?

Tallpaul:
Originally Posted by coddy Looks great and perfect for warm weather winter riding for us Northern Hemisphere residents.

I rode our Tiger Sport down through Spain with my wife to celebrate our ruby wedding in 2017. One of the best 4 weeks of our lives. Great roads, people, food, scenery, history and heritage. I've never ridden off road before and the Tizi n Test pass was the only off road section. A very sudden education for me, fully loaded and two up, but we made it to save a 150 mile detour. We signed up with John Bailey of Morrocan Motorcycle Tours. Hes a great bloke and way cheaper than other operators.

Lopez:
Originally Posted by coddy Looks great and perfect for warm weather winter riding for us Northern Hemisphere residents.

Food is great, but repetitive. Tajine is the most common food, with chicken, lamb, vegetables or fish (rare).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajine

I always try street food, as I found it more authentic. With caution, there is no health risk. Tajine are really well cooked, so no risk. I'm vegetarian, but if don't go alone, I always stop at 'restaurants' at the road side that easily found, because there's a butcher's beside it and a barbeque grill. It's simply, you speak with the butcher and select the meat, he gives it to the man at the grill, then sit down at the restaurant and order your drinks. After eating, you pay meat to the butcher, drink and bread to the waiter and, sometimes yo even have to pay to man in the grill. Seems complicated, but it's quite simple and very, very cheap. My only advise is: select a crowded place, select those who have the meat almost complete (they hang up the entire lamb or cow) and always drink bottled water.

1/2 kg of lamb chomps, with salad, Coca-Cola & water, about 10. A vegetable tajine with a drink is about 8.

Of course, when in cities, prices are double or triple.

Beer is unexpensive too, and easily found (north and center of Morocco). 33cl of Heineken is about 1'50. Surprisingly, local beer ("Casablanca") is more expensive.

kempy:
 :493:

What an awesome place to be riding and spending your anniversary - have fun  :031:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version