Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Brakes and ABS

Engine management light😡

(1/2) > >>

Xcxbadge:
I came back from a ride & put the bike on centre stand selected 2nd gear  to wax the chain which I have done many times before.
But the engine management light came on with codes of p0500 & 1521, which I believe is speed sensor & abs.
I tried this morning when bike is cold the 3 cycles of fan cutting in but has not put the light out.
Has this got to be done via laptop?.
Or has anyone near somerset got a dealer tool😁.
Thanks

KildareMan:
So it's detected your rear wheel traveling much faster than the front. The fact it's not reset might indicate a buggered sensor?

Stevie.P:
Originally Posted by Xcxbadge I came back from a ride & put the bike on centre stand selected 2nd gear  to wax the chain which I have done many times before.
But the engine management light came on with codes of p0500 & 1521, which I believe is speed sensor & abs.
You created the codes because (as KildareMan said) front wheel stationary, rear wheel revolving at speed (probably above 10MPH when ABS light normally goes out), creating imparity between front and rear ABS speed sensors.

Originally Posted by Xcxbadge I tried this morning when bike is cold the 3 cycles of fan cutting in but has not put the light out.
Has this got to be done via laptop?.
It isn't 3 cycles of fan cutting in but 3 complete heat cycles .. go ride bike until normal temperature, park up and let engine go cold, then repeat twice more and MIL should go out. Or can be reset with simple use of Tigertool software and laptop.

Xcxbadge:

It isn't 3 cycles of fan cutting in but 3 complete heat cycles .. go ride bike until normal temperature, park up and let engine go cold, then repeat twice more and MIL should go out. Or can be reset with simple use of Tigertool software and laptop.

Stevie I got that wrong then, I will take it out which will be more fun.

T800XC:
Take a look here for info on what qualifies as a heat cycle....

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,13212.msg163900.html#msg163900

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version