Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heads-Up Drink Driving Limits  (Read 1947 times)

Online D6864

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: White XC
Re: Heads-Up Drink Driving Limits
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 11:10:07 AM »
Drink driving is a criminal offence in the UK but I believe it's just a driving offence (so just a fine + points on license) in some countries. Does anyone have a list of the penalties for drink driving in various countries?

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 11:17:25 AM »
In Switzerland it is, as much now as speeding after a certain threshold, you get fined but now you can do jail time as well, it is taken very seriously.

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 12:42:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by D6864 [+]
Drink driving is a criminal offence in the UK but I believe it's just a driving offence (so just a fine + points on license) in some countries. Does anyone have a list of the penalties for drink driving in various countries?

Drink driving depends on the level, it doesn't always lead to a driving ban, if you get a ban, for any reason (including speeding) you have to take your license with you to court and they take it off you, this is when it becomes a criminal offence, if you get done for any of the "causing death by ." offences you can expect to serve a jail sentence.

Two members of my close family have been killed in drink driving incidents, so I have little sympathy with people who are only worried about picking up a fine.
Now available in "Batman"

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 12:50:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Drink driving depends on the level, it doesn't always lead to a driving ban, if you get a ban, for any reason (including speeding) you have to take your license with you to court and they take it off you, this is when it becomes a criminal offence, if you get done for any of the "causing death by ." offences you can expect to serve a jail sentence.

Two members of my close family have been killed in drink driving incidents, so I have little sympathy with people who are only worried about picking up a fine.

Once I told people cars are not only utilitarian, they can be "weapons" one has to use them responsibly, then to see eyes rolling and people calling me crazy... I do speed sometimes like pretty much all motorcyclists, but drunk driving and village/city speed limits are not something I disrespect period, I think our culture doesn't insist enough when you learn to drive, that is is not only a privilege but a responsibility !

Sorry for your familly !

Recent Topics

winded-staunch