Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New tiger 800  (Read 3258 times)

Online Q

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2019 800 XCA
Re: New tiger 800
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 12:41:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bikernick [+]
:001: well bit the bullet today and brought the tiger.....what can I say but wow. Such an awsome bike to ride, so comfortable and as much power as I really need. Had a great ride home from Kent. Look forward to many more hours out on her. Now to find a slightly louder exhaust, any recommendations?  :001:

Must admit that I've always been partial to Akrapovic cans BUT - a loud pipe becomes a real pain in the arse when touring long distance. IMO there is nothing wrong the standard can on the Tiger and she really has quite a pleasant howl once you are north of 8,000 rpm.

Like Penry says - better farckles to spend your money on than a can.
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline Bikernick

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2020, 12:46:23 PM »
Thank you for the reply. Already have the lights fitted so good to go. Not looking for outrageous loud, i just like to be able to hear the bike, and she barely made a sound on my way home. I must admit some exhausts are too loud, i used to be able to hear my brother on his cbr coming for a couple of minutes before he arrived.

Offline penry

• Tiger Pro
  • No solution is insurmountable...
  • Bike: Tiger 800XCA '19
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 01:01:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bikernick [+]
Thank you for the reply. Already have the lights fitted so good to go. Not looking for outrageous loud, i just like to be able to hear the bike, and she barely made a sound on my way home. I must admit some exhausts are too loud, i used to be able to hear my brother on his cbr coming for a couple of minutes before he arrived.

:028:
Campsite Clouseau.

Offline petesear

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: XRT
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 01:32:09 PM »
I have a Yoshimura, it's not loud a low revs but sounds great when you open her up.
Horses for courses...

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 03:30:54 PM »
I have a Fuel silencer on mine - slightly louder than stock, and lighter and smaller. I didn't want anything significantly louder than stock, as my next door neighbours on both sides are retired and I don't want to disturb them in the morning (as we get on well).

That Tiger looks nicely sorted - I think the beak, centre stand, spotlights, and sump guard are all added accessories, as well as the crash bars, so a previous owner has lavished some love and money on it.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Bikernick

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 02:46:23 AM »
Yes the previous owner loved and cherished this bike, no expense spared. All the mods are great, although the low comfort seat may have to go, if i can find something more suitable, maybe a sargeant seat or similar.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 01:39:13 PM »
You may be able to find a cheap standard seat to get reupholstered.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline penry

• Tiger Pro
  • No solution is insurmountable...
  • Bike: Tiger 800XCA '19
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 02:20:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
You may be able to find a cheap standard seat to get reupholstered.

Can the 'low comfort' seat he already has just be re upholstered ?
Campsite Clouseau.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 06:28:50 AM »
On my Africa twin I had a IXIL silencer and for some reason it came with 2 different diameter baffles, so I would have the largest one for commuting, then switch to the smaller one for long travel, was pretty neat to have, too bad other manufacturers don't do that !

Recent Topics