Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW F900 XR  (Read 2215 times)

Offline snowblue

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: xrt
Re: BMW F900 XR
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 10:06:05 PM »
Another point for consideration.....BMW Motorrad offer 3 years warranty...... Triumph currently only 2.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 10:09:23 PM »
It's basically BMW version of the Tiger 1050. Yes I know they also have the xr1000 but can't think of another comparison since the xr1000 is hugely powerful.
Lost again

Offline taff

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger XC
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 05:59:38 PM »
This is very definitely on my radar as my next bike. I've had my tiger since Sept 13 and done 55k miles on it so far and my biggest gripe is the cost of servicing, it is astonishing how much the dealer have to charge (Yes I could do it myself and save money, but no I haven't got the time or inclination to do it).

I loved the 1000xr when that came out but wouldn't ever have one because I don't want 160+bhp, circa 100 is plenty for the roads that I ride and as far as I can see, the 900xr ticks all of the boxes for me provided that it has heated grips and a top box or panniers

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 06:31:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by taff [+]
This is very definitely on my radar as my next bike. I've had my tiger since Sept 13 and done 55k miles on it so far and my biggest gripe is the cost of servicing, it is astonishing how much the dealer have to charge (Yes I could do it myself and save money, but no I haven't got the time or inclination to do it).

I loved the 1000xr when that came out but wouldn't ever have one because I don't want 160+bhp, circa 100 is plenty for the roads that I ride and as far as I can see, the 900xr ticks all of the boxes for me provided that it has heated grips and a top box or panniers

100 bhp is absolutely enough, Guy Martin even said so and he has a Tiger 800 XCA.   :152:

But yeah the service costs are crazy.

Not entirely sure what you get on the base model of the BMW but you don't get heated grips, that's an extra 200. You don't get centre stand or cruise control either, but as I said on the previous page the optional extras to bring it 'roughly' in line with the Tiger has the price at about 10,600. You'd also not have heated seats, fog lights or adjustable forks, they don't appear to be an option either.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 06:35:20 PM by applecorp »

Offline JonesTheBass

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRx
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 07:04:14 PM »
I didnt see panniers as an option?

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 09:41:02 PM »
Panniers will definitely be an option. I dont think there is a BMW motorcycle on sale that does not have optional panniers. As the basic chassis is very similar to the 750/850 GS I would assume that the pannier options would also be similar although there is no high exhaust on one side.

In Australia the F900XR is coming standard with
Colour LCD screen
Stability control
2 riding modes
ABS (complusory on all new bikes anyway)
Self canceling indicators
Full LED lighting (headlight, taillight, indicators)
Power socket
Cruise control
Heated grips
Hand guards
Gear shift Pro (up/done quickshifter)

Three years warranty valid world wide and with unlimited miles.

Offline coddy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 10:11:16 PM »
I'm confused I have a Triumph and a BMW and I can categorically say servicing the BMW is not cheaper than the Trumpet.

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 10:22:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by coddy [+]
I'm confused I have a Triumph and a BMW and I can categorically say servicing the BMW is not cheaper than the Trumpet.

If it is anything like the prices they charge for car servicing I would agree with you. The difference between Triumph and BMW here is Australia at least is that the local Triumph importer is also the retailer and the service centre so basically it is pretty much a closed shop. I know for a fact that there is a $100 addition to every Triumph invoice over any invoice for the same work done to a non Triumph product. BMW on the other hand have an extensive network of third party service dealers who charge much more reasonable prices and offer full log book servicing so warranty is maintained.

Offline Burnsie

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800 XRT
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 07:41:13 AM »
I have sat on the new 900 XR at Reiten Mottarad in Suffolk and for me it was too heavy.  Mainly due to having a shorter side stand which made it feel very heavy compared to the Tiger 800
It is due for release in Feb I believe So me being impatient I couldn't wait for it and bought the 800 on Friday

Offline D8ona

• Tiger Jedi
  • I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Bike: 865 Scrambler
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2020, 08:50:55 PM »
Brand new engine getting some issues on the 850gs... engine is Chinese manufactured.. I wouldn't rush to buy one..
There's someone in my head but its not me..?
Ducati MTS 950 - Monster 1100 Evo - Zed900RS - Scrambler 900 - 1998 Daytona 900 - 1997 Ducati ST2

Recent Topics