Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW F900 XR  (Read 2185 times)

Offline chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
Re: BMW F900 XR
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2020, 07:17:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
My friends that put so much money on their beeemers, kind of snobbed up, it's so weird, but they already said they'll buy kawis next because it costs too damn much !

It seems that most European makes are high maintenance as are their cars. They haven't learned from the Japanese who sell high quality and reasonable maintenance cost. We own two Lexus brand cars and no major issues in ten years of ownership and the dealer is exceptional.

Chico

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2020, 07:27:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by chico [+]
It seems that most European makes are high maintenance as are their cars. They haven't learned from the Japanese who sell high quality and reasonable maintenance cost. We own two Lexus brand cars and no major issues in ten years of ownership and the dealer is exceptional.

Chico

Well I wouldn't be so categorical, I sold my atrociously crappy finished Honda Africa twin, rusting all around and having sh*t bearing, bad gearbox and more, was hardly the only guy, most 2016 models were crap.
I see some kawis looking awful nowadays, seems there's hardly Yamaha and maybe Suzuki still being quality.

So it's more of a mentality, we try to get away with it until people are too annoyed, all manufacturers are slowly going this way unfortunately.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 07:29:44 PM by Djairouks »

Online applecorp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2020, 05:08:11 PM »
Drivemag's review is in.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2020, 08:25:59 PM »
Thanks for posting the link.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2020, 04:51:08 PM »
Blatant plug for our F900XR forum here:

https://www.f900xr.com/

It's just opened so content and members are in short supply. However this looks to be a popular bike so one to watch  :028:

:031:
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2020, 05:27:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by snowblue [+]
Another point for consideration.....BMW Motorrad offer 3 years warranty...... Triumph currently only 2.
Triumph gives 2+2 years in Germany, only two years for beemers
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2020, 02:23:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
Triumph gives 2+2 years in Germany, only two years for beemers

From 1 October 2018 all BMW motorcycles sold in Australia have a three year unlimited km warranty that is valid worldwide.
The worldwide think is particularly good seeing as BMW sell a significant number of bikes as Adventure bikes that are likely to be used in countries other than where they were first sold.

Triumphs have a 2 year unlimited km warranty. there is no mention of worldwide but the warranty terms on the Triumph Australia website refer to the warranty coming from Triumph Motorcycles (in the UK) and to UK law so I guess there is also no specific exclusion for world wide coverage.

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2020, 05:48:39 AM »
Same triumph 2 years and BMW 3, but both are worldwide as they say you just need to go to a official triumph dealer.

Although I couldn't find the exact BMW terms, Triumph's don't include bearings in wear parts, as I had bearings issues on my Honda they used lower grade and they needed replacing twice in 36'000km, had to battle for warranty every time.

Side note, a year ago after buying a Yamaha, I received an international warranty card, attached to my motorcycle !

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2020, 08:03:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
Same triumph 2 years and

that is a surprise as Triumph Germany extends the 2 year standard warranty with an insurance based 2 year extension, that was already the case in 2013 when I bought the Tiger. At that time it came as an "Special offer" today it is the standard warranty over here. When my Tiger broke down with gear shift cam pin sheared off, the bike was in it's second year so I had full coverage. They picked my up with a truck, took me to the dealer, dealer gave me a new Tiger as an exchange bike. I had that bike for a week (which was good as it put the idea to trade off my Tiger and get the newer model out of my head), got my Tiger repaired and shiny back and I did not pay a penny.

Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2020, 08:38:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
that is a surprise as Triumph Germany extends the 2 year standard warranty with an insurance based 2 year extension, that was already the case in 2013 when I bought the Tiger. At that time it came as an "Special offer" today it is the standard warranty over here. When my Tiger broke down with gear shift cam pin sheared off, the bike was in it's second year so I had full coverage. They picked my up with a truck, took me to the dealer, dealer gave me a new Tiger as an exchange bike. I had that bike for a week (which was good as it put the idea to trade off my Tiger and get the newer model out of my head), got my Tiger repaired and shiny back and I did not pay a penny.
Maybe it's possible to pay for 2 more warranty years, I'll have to ask the dealership, that happens in Switzerland but they don't market it, it's more when they see you ride a lot.
Maybe also as I have the 2018 version 3, they don't bother as most issues like the gearbox pin were solved.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch