Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW F900 XR  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Jose

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: BMW F900 XR
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2020, 11:29:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
Triumph Germany extends the 2 year standard warranty with an insurance based 2 year extension
Same in Spain: 2+2

Offline sprint

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2020, 11:38:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jose [+]
Same in Spain: 2+2

Is the extra 2 years warranty something you pay for as part of the original purchase price? Can't see that it is a direct Triumph warranty as they would be obliged to provide the same warranty terms and period throughout EU members.

Offline Jose

• Tiger Member
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2020, 01:19:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by sprint [+]
Is the extra 2 years warranty something you pay for as part of the original purchase price?
No, you don't pay for it.

...they would be obliged to provide the same warranty terms and period throughout EU members
How can they do that in Germany and Spain and not in other EU countries? I've no idea, sorry.

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2020, 03:28:02 PM »
Is the extra 2 years warranty something you pay for as part of the original purchase price? Can't see that it is a direct Triumph warranty as they would be obliged to provide the same warranty terms and period throughout EU members.
No extra money for the warranty, the additional 2 years are insurance based meaning an insurance company is covering that so from a legal point of view that insurance will have to pay if you have any issues covered in that period and not Triumph themselves.
Statutory warranty can be different throughout the EU as far as I know they cannot go under EU legislation but can extend it. In this case it is not strictly a warranty but an insurance thrown in for free so its part of the price tactics.
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2020, 03:42:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
No extra money for the warranty, the additional 2 years are insurance based meaning an insurance company is covering that so from a legal point of view that insurance will have to pay if you have any issues covered in that period and not Triumph themselves.
Statutory warranty can be different throughout the EU as far as I know they cannot go under EU legislation but can extend it. In this case it is not strictly a warranty but an insurance thrown in for free so its part of the price tactics.

So one question is, are the therms and conditions the same then, I wouldn't be surprised there's limitations !?

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2020, 04:39:13 PM »
I just watched "The Missenden Flyer" review both models. Glad to see a nice pair of Michelin Road 5s on one of them, instead of the dreadful Pirelli Angel.

Offline Jose

• Tiger Member
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2020, 06:21:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
So one question is, are the therms and conditions the same then, I wouldn't be surprised there's limitations !?

You raise a good point there. To be honest, I havent bothered to read the terms and conditions of the warranty itself or those of the insurance based extension (maybe Derchef1962 has). I cant be bothered, frankly. But, yeah, you may be right...

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2020, 02:28:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tallpaul [+]
I just watched "The Missenden Flyer" review both models. Glad to see a nice pair of Michelin Road 5s on one of them, instead of the dreadful Pirelli Angel.

I spend a considerable amount of time during his F900 XR review yelling at the TV screen when he continually said that the bike he was riding had no pannier mounts and the two largest pannier mounts ever fitted to any bike anywhere were clearly visible in every shot of the bike. It doesn't take much for people in his position to loose credibility and his went south in a big way with me.
It is very easy for people posting YouTube videos to put a little apology on the screen when they accidentally say something that is wrong.

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2020, 09:47:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
I spend a considerable amount of time during his F900 XR review yelling at the TV screen when he continually said that the bike he was riding had no pannier mounts and the two largest pannier mounts ever fitted to any bike anywhere were clearly visible in every shot of the bike. It doesn't take much for people in his position to loose credibility and his went south in a big way with me.
It is very easy for people posting YouTube videos to put a little apology on the screen when they accidentally say something that is wrong.

I'm sure he would edit the vlog if he reaslises!

Recent Topics