Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Side stand big foot  (Read 3225 times)

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Side stand big foot
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 08:18:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by SOHUTAA [+]

I was always told, that it was incompatible with the center stand?
So Ok For Xcx?   :493:

Triumph changed the centre stand arrangement in 2012. Some of the foot extensions that were developed before then are incompatible with the later stand arrangement. Seeing as it is now 7 years on I would assume that most foot extensions will work with centre stands unless they specifically say they are for 2011-2012 models only.

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2020, 10:34:56 AM »
Fitted mine yesterday, while it was on the paddock stand, I did the washer mod on the mounting bracket. Pleased with the result.

Offline SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: T800 Xcx 2016
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2020, 07:59:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
Triumph changed the centre stand arrangement in 2012. Some of the foot extensions that were developed before then are incompatible with the later stand arrangement. Seeing as it is now 7 years on I would assume that most foot extensions will work with centre stands unless they specifically say they are for 2011-2012 models only.

Ordered, we'll see!

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2020, 10:34:11 AM »
Got one yesterday , fitted , spot on. Cant fault it for the price .
Had another one delivered today. If anyone wants it for cost of postage drop me a pm ( I really dont need 2 )  :031:

Offline Billb

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2020, 11:36:26 AM »
Thanks to Ferdens I bid 5 and it is on it's way.  Must be a Scots thing.

Offline Billb

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2020, 11:42:31 AM »
I had just posted when I spotted Tallpaul mention a "washer mod".  Could not find any other reference to this mod.  What is it about and were is it posted originally?

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2020, 01:34:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Billb [+]
I had just posted when I spotted Tallpaul mention a "washer mod".  Could not find any other reference to this mod.  What is it about and were is it posted originally?

The side stand is mounted on a bracket, fixed to the frame with two nuts and bolts. Slacken the top one about half way out, remove the bottom one and place a washer between the bracket and the frame, (dab of grease to stop it dropping out) then replace bottom nut and bolt. Check for lean angle, repeat with two washers if not enough lean.

Offline ferdens

• Tiger Cub
  • Put a Tiger in your tank.
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2020, 09:55:22 AM »
Got mine for a fiver.

Offline Nelizzz

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Snot green
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2020, 12:16:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by gordybrock [+]
Received it today, took about 3 1/2 weeks. Got to say it looks and feels like a quality piece of kit for 6 inc postage...and I can confirm that it definitely doesn't foul the centre stand.  :047: :001:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000216692195.html?

What year/model bike do you have? It seems that the indentation of the foot is on the wrong (left) side, I would expect that on the right side, so that when the side stand is up, the centre stand tube fits inside the V-shaped indentation of the foot. I see that there is space, on mine (Tiger 800 road 2012 model) the pointy side touches the centre stand tube and also I cannot pass the centre stand around the side stand... :006:

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2020, 01:53:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Nelizzz [+]
What year/model bike do you have? It seems that the indentation of the foot is on the wrong (left) side, I would expect that on the right side, so that when the side stand is up, the centre stand tube fits inside the V-shaped indentation of the foot. I see that there is space, on mine (Tiger 800 road 2012 model) the pointy side touches the centre stand tube and also I cannot pass the centre stand around the side stand... :006:

Seeing the picture, I wonder would the extension touch the tarmac when leaning a lot in corners !?

Recent Topics

winded-staunch