Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Scala freecom while wearing digital hearing aid  (Read 580 times)

Online Tenequip

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCx
Re: Scala freecom while wearing digital hearing aid
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 02:34:49 AM »
I also wear hearing aids, but not in the helmet when riding. Would love to find a helmet that they would be comfortable in and could get the helmet off and on with them staying in position. I use a Sena 20s headset, the radio is ok, but phone calls & talking with fellow riders is rough.

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRt
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 08:52:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dazcoates [+]
We ended up with the cardo duo and I fitted them on sunday .
So far I'm more than impressed, I've used it in conjunction with the sat nav and radio at motorway speeds and all is good. Not been out on the bike with the wife yet but tried them at home and hers are comfy when wearing the hearing aids and good sound. Waiting for the weather to improve before she tries them out on the road.

I don't remember you saying whether your wife's hearing aids were BTE or ITE, mine are BTE and although I can wear them with my helmet on the problem is when you remove the helmet, they can go anywhere (only put the helmet on by mistake) fortunately all comms are okay without.
From '61 to present - BSA C12, Royal Enfield Crusader Sports, Tiger 110, T120R Bonnie, BMW R50, Suzuki GT185, T120 Bonnie, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, Sprint1050 & Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, Sprint GT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & Bonneville, XRx, XRt

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 09:52:27 AM »
They are BTE type and luckily with the helmet she has they stay where they are when it's going on and coming off

Offline taff

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger XC
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2020, 07:33:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by troubleshooter [+]
I wear hearing aids (behind the ear) but take them off when biking, simply for physical comfort. I do struggle with intercoms (I've tried several), although speaker positioning makes a huge difference. I've debated using "Soundear" as a solution which act as ear plugs as well as speakers. Apart from the huge cost, they are, like many in the ear solutions, technically illegal riding in France though.......

https://www.ultimateear.com/product/soundear-1-5-music/

I have been using a pair of shure SE215 for about 5 years of daily commuting and do the exact job that the soundear ones that you linked to.

the Shure's take a bit of getting used to (as in getting them to stay put as you pull your helmet on) but they really do work fantastically well at blocking out the wind noise and the sound quality is ace.

Recent Topics