Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Norton buggered  (Read 2095 times)

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: Norton buggered
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2020, 05:11:39 PM »
I'd like to say that he faces time inside, but unlike America that takes this seriously the UK are very weak on it.

Did anyone else see the reporting of the warranty work v4 that was striped down?
Lost again

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2020, 04:01:31 PM »
Heard about the "warranty donation bike" 3,rd hand.    Meets all the tests for simple theft of say, though the mechanics stripping it may have done so in good faith under instructions and reassurances from above!

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2020, 04:33:07 PM »
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Online Tallpaul

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2020, 07:45:19 PM »
Time for a massive overhaul in company law. Something along the lines where directors personal assets are subject to seizure.

It would seem fair to me, to take everything in Garner's control and march him through the street in his underpants.

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2020, 07:48:55 PM »
that is really a sad story....
Funnily enough "Motorrad" the leading German motorcycle magazine is running a background story about Triumph in their most recent edition. They say on of the secrets behind Triumph's success after Bloor took over is the fact that Bloor could easily finance the resurrection of the brand with his own money he made as building magnate. As of today Triumph is still family owned and they can afford to give a sh*t about shareholder value. That is in my opion something very unique in the business. The competitors are either on the stock market of some sort (the Japs, BMW for a start) or have major shareholders from Asia (KTM).

Let's just hope that our favourite brand will stay that way and not die like Norton and others.
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2020, 09:46:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]

To have your bike stolen by some scumbag from home or while out and about is one thing, and possibly easier to accept than have the one you would most trust with your pride and joy do something as low as this? I would have been so gutted to have collected the remains like that ..... I'm surprised he was even given permission to collect what was left if the receiver was involved?  :172:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2020, 09:19:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
I'm surprised he was even given permission to collect what was left if the receiver was involved?  :172:

Not part of Norton "Stock", not owned by Norton.
Lost again

Online healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2020, 09:40:14 AM »
...and demonstrably owned by someone else so the receiver wold not be able to assert ownership. I'm guessing  that would be down to the engine, frame and VIN Numbers
Had those numbers been removed, or parts removed from identifiable ownership the receiver would claim ownership and require the actual owner to prove that was not the case.

if you supply goods to a company that goes into administration then unless you can demonstrably prove goods  on their premises are from an outstanding invoice and, IIRC, the invocie states all goods remain propertrty of the supplier until paid for then your goods become the property of the adminstrators and you as a supplier become a creditor. often thats very tricky unless there are serial numbers. Often batch numbers are not good enough if say batch numbers may appear in multiple loads/invoices. The administrators viewpoitn is usually unless you cna prove ownership then those are irems they can sell to raise money for all creditors

Frankly its maddening when the adminstrator then sells your goods on, may hand some of the proceeds back to you as a creditor but in the mean time has then undercut you in the marketplace to sell your own goods.

Online Tallpaul

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2020, 10:39:37 AM »
I was a victim of this "Administrator" scam in 2008. I left a 16,000 deposit on a local building being converted into apartments, in conjunction with a new build on adjoining land with further apartments. When the "Men in suits" came in to break it all up, they valued their fees at 1p more than the company valuation. So 9 of us who parted with our savings got nothing. The scaffold firm reclaimed their plant, without a penny of hire paid to them.

Consequently, Deloitte, who dissolved it all don't appear on my Christmas card list.

The two brothers who owned the company retained their 6 bedroom houses and Bentleys. They are now operating a letting agency in Wolverhampton.

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Recent Topics