Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: factory map  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
Re: factory map
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 06:58:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by panzerwillie [+]
Better look t curver in first gear low rpm

I understand fuel maps and the overall functioning of the engine, but have absolutely never played with such things, I would love to do this on my 2018 XRT, but having no experience, is there any ressource somewhere that could explain well, the knowledge of this work !?

Offline panzerwillie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2020, 09:51:16 AM »
Not aware of any but spark will increase power to certain point offcourse the limet is octane on the fuel,  the ethanol precentage on todays fuel allows more timing and compression on  engines that was not possible over 20 years ago.. Keep in mind mind the leaner the fuel curve is for economy persaid will handle less timing before pre ignition has to be balance...

Offline panzerwillie

• Tiger Member
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2020, 11:07:54 AM »
A simple start would be increasing timing on low RPM_vs_TPS a couple points of degrees at time but of course depends how you curve is on that 18 KTM .. :001:

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2020, 11:13:11 AM »
A simple start would be increasing timing on low RPM_vs_TPS a couple points of degrees at time but of course depends how you curve is on that 18 KTM .. :001:

Sorry for the maybe dumb question, but when you do this, what gives you the information that you improved it or went too far, you just go test ride !?

Offline panzerwillie

• Tiger Member
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2020, 11:21:57 AM »
The way the bike accelerates through the gears at low RPM and the way it feels, keep in mind i have only had it for a few months but i drive it everyday and could tell the flat spots on the curve, and after looking at the timing curve you see where does spots are in the map.... plus to me this bike could use a lower first gear so this has help the way it picks up on first gear, got a new tune ready will probably try it tomorrow in the morning is a HEAVY rainy day here ....

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2020, 11:31:06 AM »
The way the bike accelerates through the gears at low RPM and the way it feels, keep in mind i have only had it for a few months but i drive it everyday and could tell the flat spots on the curve, and after looking at the timing curve you see where does spots are in the map.... plus to me this bike could use a lower first gear so this has help the way it picks up on first gear, got a new tune ready will probably try it tomorrow in the morning is a HEAVY rainy day here ....

Interesting because I can not really tel there's much flat spots, which model is yours, I think the ride by wire ones make it another story completely !?

Offline panzerwillie

• Tiger Member
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2020, 11:42:31 AM »
2012 Tiger 800 XC , it also depends what MAP you have , if you compare them with out any mods you see ignition timing difference  through the curve  just my 2 cents , by all means the bike runs great in stock formatt but tuning engines  for over 20 year you pick up small things and sounds, when tuning a car or a diesel truck i am not always look for optimum HP or TQ but how it accelerates or better said improvement on driveability of course unless iam dealing where some one with a race car and 4000HP....  A dyno would not help because   i'm not tuning wide open just looking for a better accelerating bike through low load low rpm...

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2020, 11:52:37 AM »
2012 Tiger 800 XC , it also depends what MAP you have , if you compare them with out any mods you see ignition timing difference  through the curve  just my 2 cents , by all means the bike runs great in stock formatt but tuning engines  for over 20 year you pick up small things and sounds, when tuning a car or a diesel truck i am not always look for optimum HP or TQ but how it accelerates or better said improvement on driveability of course unless iam dealing where some one with a race car and 4000HP....  A dyno would not help because   i'm not tuning wide open just looking for a better accelerating bike through low load low rpm...

Ahhh you have a 1st Gen cable throttle bike, it's vastly different than my 2018 ride by wire, I checked the akrapovic curves for reference and you see there's a difference in the dips, much less in the 2018 bikes.

Offline panzerwillie

• Tiger Member
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2020, 12:14:22 PM »
Yes fly by wire is a total different monster, but you can tune that out of cable TB bike, i have not look at the MAPS on the fly by wire bikes but i would think they use driver  demand torque tables that you may not see on the software do to safety , now tuning 05 and up vehicles for years you see those tables and you are able to play with them especially if you add a turbo or blower where torque is increased by 100lb very easily .... :417:

Recent Topics