Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What’s Up with Older Tigers .  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
Re: What’s Up with Older Tigers .
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 03:05:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]
ditto
+1
78,000 kms on the clock of my 2013 roadie great confidence in the bike as this is the most reliable bike I ever had... Russian Roulette? yeah maybe but there is no bullet in the gun drum
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2020, 04:53:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by taff [+]
(1 chain was ruined by a dealer pressure washing the crap out of it)
That may be a new 'low bar' in dealer service ineptitude?  :187:
“There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.”
WSC

Offline Jack Daniels

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2020, 07:51:14 PM »
Don't want to tempt fate but...

No issues with my 2012 Roadie other than
  • briefly cutting out when cold - sorted by getting the throttle bodies cleaned out
  • rusty mirror stems
It's my daily commuter and I've got no intention of replacing it. I understand the newer models are better in various ways but if I ever drop this one I would be less gutted than dropping a newer shiny one.

Just get on and riiiiide (and check the chain occasionally and get it serviced now & again  :002:).
For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons. (Douglas Adams)

Recent Topics