Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cree Daytime Running Lights convert to single phase help wanted  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
Cree Daytime Running Lights convert to single phase help wanted
« on: February 08, 2020, 03:38:29 PM »
Got a pair of these fitted on my roadie but had enough of them tripping onto flash mode without me knowing. I've seen a post/youtube video somewhere that shows you how to convert them to single phase but can't remember where. Can anyone help please? Cheers

Other Bikes: 1968 Triumph TR6 650cc (american export model), 1991 Transalp XL600V (everyday runabout), 1979 Kawasaki KL250 Trail Bike project.

Offline Chapo

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XRX Low
Re: Cree Daytime Running Lights convert to single phase help wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 09:51:32 AM »
Hi Bikertone7,
type this into youtube, Cree U5 Lights 3 modes repair fix. loads of vids to help fix this.
 Chapo..

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 10:30:57 AM »
If they're going into strobe mode on their own, I'd have a good look at the switch and cabling to the.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 11:22:47 AM »
Thanks for replies lads very helpful. I stalled the bike twice yesterday in Lancaster and didnt realise they'd tripped onto flash till I got home - bit embarrassing as I was on a bloodbike run came all the way home up the M6 and wondered why folk were getting out of my way!!  :008:
Other Bikes: 1968 Triumph TR6 650cc (american export model), 1991 Transalp XL600V (everyday runabout), 1979 Kawasaki KL250 Trail Bike project.

Offline Sputnik

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 10:10:55 PM »
As I understand it some types have the circuit board that allows the soldering/bridging fix, others don't.

If yours are like mine they will usually start on fixed bright mode. If you turn the key (or switch if you have one ) off and on on again in a short time frame the lights will move through the 3 settings in sequence. So if they were on fixed beam and you stalled then restarted within (say) 15 seconds they may have just moved through the various modes. I can't remember if flashing mode is 2nd or 3rd in the sequence. If you stalled twice they may have simply cycled from fixed bright - fixed  low - strobe each time the engine stopped and started.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 10:12:38 PM by Sputnik »

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 12:41:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
If they're going into strobe mode on their own, I'd have a good look at the switch and cabling to the.

It is a feature of the way those particular lights are built they have three modes, on, flash and off.

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 06:25:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
It is a feature of the way those particular lights are built they have three modes, on, flash and off.

I know but the OP indicated they were doing it randomly, suggesting the power was being interrupted.
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 09:31:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sputnik [+]
As I understand it some types have the circuit board that allows the soldering/bridging fix, others don't.

If yours are like mine they will usually start on fixed bright mode. If you turn the key (or switch if you have one ) off and on on again in a short time frame the lights will move through the 3 settings in sequence. So if they were on fixed beam and you stalled then restarted within (say) 15 seconds they may have just moved through the various modes. I can't remember if flashing mode is 2nd or 3rd in the sequence. If you stalled twice they may have simply cycled from fixed bright - fixed  low - strobe each time the engine stopped and started.

That's exactly what happened. Have looked at the various youtube vids on disabling the flash function but none show my circuit boards  :023:

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 09:46:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bikertone7 [+]
That's exactly what happened. Have looked at the various youtube vids on disabling the flash function but none show my circuit boards  :023:
Can you post a photo of your circuit board? I've got a spare set that I used for testing and their boards are different to most posted online. I could take a look if similar to yours.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 10:22:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
Can you post a photo of your circuit board? I've got a spare set that I used for testing and their boards are different to most posted online. I could take a look if similar to yours.

Thanks pic attached but can't really see much the board is only about the size of a 10p coin

Recent Topics

winded-staunch