Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cree Daytime Running Lights convert to single phase help wanted  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
Re: Cree Daytime Running Lights convert to single phase help wanted
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 05:13:52 PM »
Just down't road!!

Knew there were single modes like mine but never found any in UK and didn't want to wait six weeks.  :003:
Other Bikes: 1968 Triumph TR6 650cc (american export model), 1991 Transalp XL600V (everyday runabout), 1979 Kawasaki KL250 Trail Bike project.

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2020, 06:02:49 PM »
Cant grumble at that price ,even though the switch is shite.
Think I'll be ordering a new pair.

Offline gordybrock

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800 Phantom Black
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2020, 07:20:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dazcoates [+]
Cant grumble at that price ,even though the switch is shite.
Think I'll be ordering a new pair.
  Agree with you about the switch, it's shite. I swapped it for this one on Ebay, better quality, alluminium, rainproof with red led.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173743388464

I'm from Wigan me

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2020, 07:44:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by gordybrock [+]
  Agree with you about the switch, it's shite. I swapped it for this one on Ebay, better quality, alluminium, rainproof with red led.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173743388464

Ohh I like a good switch.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 08:05:18 PM »
Got mine from Louis moto, been excellent so far and well made

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2020, 08:47:55 PM »
Looks a good switch will get one for my Transalp. When I installed my cheapo running lights on my roadie like an idiot I bought the factory loom extension, relay and Triumph switch instead of simply using the horn or another live takeoff! Doh! :023:
Other Bikes: 1968 Triumph TR6 650cc (american export model), 1991 Transalp XL600V (everyday runabout), 1979 Kawasaki KL250 Trail Bike project.

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2020, 09:00:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Flyingbanana [+]
Hi
How or where are you fitting these to your Tiger

thanks

alan
Made some simple brackets and just used existing bolts on headlight pod.

Offline Sputnik

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2020, 10:20:03 PM »
I bought ones advertised as single mode, fitted and wired them, only to discover they were in fact the 3 mode sort I had diligently been trying avoid. For the money it didnt really seem worth the bother of returning etc.

Despite being totally peeved at the time, in the end, they actually did a good job for the last year and a half or so until one of them conked out (haven't yet established if it was the light or my shonky wiring but think probably the former). Had them going through a switch that I always left on (via the switched horn connector) and when you start the bike they defaulted to full mode and only ever went through the other modes if you turned the ignition off and then on in a short time or stalled and restarted. Neither of which happens too often.

I've just bought a replacement single mode type similar to the sort posted by Bikertone7 (although they cost me 30). Haven't fitted them yet but will be mounting using these:
2pcs 19-30MM Universal work Light Tube Clamp Mounting Bracket Bull Bar Pipe Mount Bracket Clamps Driving Light for Road Vehicles Car Truck Boat Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L4RM9DS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nOXqEbPY6ZCQV

and will attach to the front of my Heed crash bars.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 10:22:52 PM by Sputnik »

Offline tony-the-tiger

• Tiger Pro
  • What we do on Sundays - Mt Lemon Riders Group, AZ
  • Bike: 2015 800 XCX
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 02:18:29 AM »
I installed the single phase Cree model.  Its illegal for anything but an emergency vehicle to have flashing lights here in  my state.  If you don't defeat this problem, consider changing them out...they're so cheap.  Used the Denali mounting  -  $40.  Perfect.  I was not happy with the blue LED and refabricated the frames to accept the halogen model.  A much better look and they get the job done....so far nobody has pulled out on me I guess they see the light. 
tony-the-tiger

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 11:19:02 AM »
New ones won't be here till next week will let you all know if they're any good and will post a pic. To be fair the three phase ones I already have on the bike are fine and look good (look very similar to the Triumph ones costing 300 quid!!). As others mentioned you just have to be careful about restarting the bike quickly and jumping to the next phase - but for about a tenner.............!!!.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch