Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Confused over which anti freeze  (Read 225 times)

Offline pennpeel

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Triumph 800 xc
Confused over which anti freeze
« on: February 09, 2020, 05:20:22 PM »
Hi all, I decided to give the Tiger a change of anti freeze prior to its service due soon. All went, looked in the handbook Hybrid Oat anti freeze. Went to Halfords bought enough. Only couldn't see Hybrid antifreeze only Oat. Drained down the radiator etc as shown on Muddy Sumps informative clips. this is where the confusion starts the old fluid is green, the new liquid is pink! I'be left it for now till I get some wise advice from the members. should I have bought Hybrid Oat as per the book? Couldn't see any in Halfords do bikes use different anti freeze to cars? I've had my 2012 from new and to my knowledge the coolant is original. As I understand it should be changed every couple of years. As it doesn't seem to get done when I've taken it in.  I'm doing it in myself. Learn a little more about the bike and save a bit of money changing the air filter next.  Appreciate a advice :)

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Confused over which anti freeze
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 05:33:49 PM »
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: Confused over which anti freeze
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 06:30:18 PM »
Flush the system with water. I use plenty of distilled as we have a still at work. Then fill with the nice pink stuff.  :028:
Lost again

Recent Topics