Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Found a good way to carry 3 extra liters of fuel  (Read 1021 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline triumph800mia

  • Tiger Cub
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Bike: 2014 Tiger 800xr
  • Location: Florida USA
Found a good way to carry 3 extra liters of fuel
« on: February 10, 2020, 04:59:30 PM »
Tiger 800 is a great bike.. street and trail riding . i find myself taking it for longer and longer trips
but running out of fuel in the middle of no ware ... not good . no gas stations opened late at night

so i found this solution .. and it works great, you get 2 extra  side pockets and 2 x 1.5 liter pockets for fuel
$12 x2 - Gonex Military MOLLE Water Bottle Pouch, 1000D Polyester Tactical Travel Bottle Holder
$14 x2 - Lixada Fuel Bottle Emergency Backup Fuel Tank 1500ML
$8 - Scotchgard Outdoor Water Shield,  spray bag before installation .. keeps dirt off and somewhat water resistant
- 8 plastic tie wraps , 4 on each side
Mounted under the rear pillion hand guards..

Offline K1W1

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 4541
  • Bike: XRX
  • Location: SE Australia
Re: Found a good way to carry 3 extra liters of fuel
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 08:24:19 PM »
Mounting fuel bottles under or onto the pillion hand grips works well, I have mounted a couple of 1 litre bottles in Wolfman sleeves there in the past.

Offline penry

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 161
  • No solution is insurmountable...
  • Bike: Tiger 800XCA '19
  • Location: Wakefield
Re: Found a good way to carry 3 extra liters of fuel
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 06:12:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by triumph800mia [+]
Tiger 800 is a great bike.. street and trail riding . i find myself taking it for longer and longer trips
but running out of fuel in the middle of no ware ... not good . no gas stations opened late at night

so i found this solution .. and it works great, you get 2 extra  side pockets and 2 x 1.5 liter pockets for fuel
$12 x2 - Gonex Military MOLLE Water Bottle Pouch, 1000D Polyester Tactical Travel Bottle Holder
$14 x2 - Lixada Fuel Bottle Emergency Backup Fuel Tank 1500ML
$8 - Scotchgard Outdoor Water Shield,  spray bag before installation .. keeps dirt off and somewhat water resistant
- 8 plastic tie wraps , 4 on each side
Mounted under the rear pillion hand guards..
Photos please ?
Campsite Clouseau.

Online Djairouks

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 734
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
  • Location: Neuchtel
Re: Found a good way to carry 3 extra liters of fuel
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 06:18:34 AM »
Or you just buy a 3L bladder from these guys https://desertfox.bike/desert-fox-5l-fuel-cell/ about same price and can be attached almost anywhere !

Offline K1W1

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 4541
  • Bike: XRX
  • Location: SE Australia
Re: Found a good way to carry 3 extra liters of fuel
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 06:44:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
Or you just buy a 3L bladder from these guys https://desertfox.bike/desert-fox-5l-fuel-cell/ about same price and can be attached almost anywhere !

I have had one of those. Not particularly robust in the real world. The inner bladder that holds the liquid is pretty wimpy and they tend to fail quickly.
The Australian company Liquid Containment make various sizes of motorbike suitable bladders that are manufactured to a Military Spec grade and have proved reliable long term.

https://www.liquidcontainment.com.au/category/12/Motor-Bike

Online Djairouks

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 734
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
  • Location: Neuchtel
Re: Found a good way to carry 3 extra liters of fuel
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 06:46:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
I have had one of those. Not particularly robust in the real world. The inner bladder that holds the liquid is pretty wimpy and they tend to fail quickly.
The Australian company Liquid Containment make various sizes of motorbike suitable bladders that are manufactured to a Military Spec grade and have proved reliable long term.

https://www.liquidcontainment.com.au/category/12/Motor-Bike

Well sure I can imagine for you aussies and kiwies with harsh conditions, for me it's fine it doesn't wear much, I also god a military bladder but that's 20l so actually never used it !

Offline K1W1

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 4541
  • Bike: XRX
  • Location: SE Australia
Re: Found a good way to carry 3 extra liters of fuel
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 06:49:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by penry [+]
Photos please ?


Here are a couple of pics of the Wolfman holders I use on the rear rack of the Tiger. I mount them there or on the passenger grab handles or on the sides of soft panniers depending on what I have on the bike at the time.





They are on the back of the panniers in this picture


Offline Lopez

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 206
  • Bike: '18 XCA
  • Location: Madrid
Re: Found a good way to carry 3 extra liters of fuel
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 08:29:18 AM »
Or simply buy a gas can from a petrol station and attach it to the case:





It's a 3 can, so you can throw it off when you don't need it.

Offline triumph800mia

  • Tiger Cub
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Bike: 2014 Tiger 800xr
  • Location: Florida USA
Re: Found a good way to carry 3 extra liters of fuel
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 02:44:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by triumph800mia [+]
Tiger 800 is a great bike.. street and trail riding . i find myself taking it for longer and longer trips
but running out of fuel in the middle of no ware ... not good . no gas stations opened late at night

so i found this solution .. and it works great, you get 2 extra  side pockets and 2 x 1.5 liter pockets for fuel
$12 x2 - Gonex Military MOLLE Water Bottle Pouch, 1000D Polyester Tactical Travel Bottle Holder
$14 x2 - Lixada Fuel Bottle Emergency Backup Fuel Tank 1500ML
$8 - Scotchgard Outdoor Water Shield,  spray bag before installation .. keeps dirt off and somewhat water resistant
- 8 plastic tie wraps , 4 on each side
Mounted under the rear pillion hand guards..

 


Recent Topics


winded-staunch