Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wrecked Top Box Sliding Carrier Assembly  (Read 425 times)

Offline tony-the-tiger

• Tiger Member
  • What we do on Sundays - Mt Lemon Riders Group, AZ
  • Bike: 2015 800 XCX
Re: Wrecked Top Box Sliding Carrier Assembly
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 01:19:03 AM »
Sounds non-alcoholic...?

I won't ever make it to the UK again and swore I'd never do Heathrow again....is that the worst?  Just passing through for a Med Cruise and I still have not seen continental Europe and the UK.  Were I to make it there (unlikely) I would need a tour of the Triumph facilities,  a trip to the British Museum, and of course,  wherever you go for that cider!!!!

Ciao,  Tony
tony-the-tiger

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 09:41:43 AM »
Cider is definitely alcoholic and a major player here in the UK . and for me must be apple cider. :002:

Angry Orchard seems to be the only readily available one in the USA and is brewed by the 'Boston Beer Company' at 5% alcohol by volume.
https://www.angryorchard.com/

There are certainly a few US airports I've been that I could name as contenders for the worst ..  :084:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline tony-the-tiger

• Tiger Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 10:29:22 AM »
Have learned enough about cider from you that it is definitely now on my bucket list.  I'll find the Angry Orchard, (seen it advertised on TV) then continue the quest for the authentic British kind.  There are a number of your ex-pat riders here (why do they all ride H.D.'s?) who may know where to find it.   If it's here in Tucson, I'll find it.  It'll have to be here as my world travelling days are done.  We're sometimes in Las Vegas,  and, as everyone knows,  everything connected to sin is available there.  Finding British Cider ....  should be easy.!!!

Ciao
tony-the-tiger

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 11:05:49 AM »
Back to topic  :015: . I see your issue regarding obtaining a reasonably priced replacement. I looked on your ebay USA and only 4 at full price and similarly here on ebay UK only 2 at full price with neither side of the pond having any cheaper 'used' offerings.  :110: :151:

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline tony-the-tiger

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 04:09:01 PM »
Thanks, Stevie P.  Ordered through amazon for $199,  shipping included.

On another Note:  Response from Triumph America : "We would not be able to recommend or give any feedback towards welding a frame."   All I asked for was the metallurgy   Think that would be some closely guarded secret?

This is the same response I received when I asked for help with the Cold Start/No Start issue. (Extensive posts written here)  They can kiss this future customer goodbye.

They then have the audacity to ask me for a survey/rating on their customer service...What a joke!!!
tony-the-tiger

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 04:37:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by tony-the-tiger [+]
Response from Triumph America : "We would not be able to recommend or give any feedback towards welding a frame, ....

we can't possibly support you paying $50 for a solid top class welded repair Sir. Much prefer you pay us $2000 dollars for a new frame and another $1000 labour to fit it". :210:

Offline tony-the-tiger

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 05:06:19 PM »
Go in the Triumph store in Tucson... the first thing you do is bend over.
tony-the-tiger

Recent Topics

winded-staunch