Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 at eXcel Bike Show  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '18 XRt
Tiger 900 at eXcel Bike Show
« on: February 15, 2020, 09:31:25 AM »
Went yesterday and must say it was the Triumph stand that appeared to be the busiest most of the time I was there, followed by the KTM stand.

The 900 Tiger looked good and felt comfortable in that situation.

As my XRt is only just over a year old I won't be looking to change.

One thing that I found curious was the fact that there was a screen deflector on one of the models!!!!!

From '61>present - '57 BSA C12, RE C/Sports, '59 Tiger 110, '61 T120R, '57 BMW R50, '76 GT185, '69 T120, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, '05 Sprint1050 & '08 Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, SprintGT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & '12 Bonne, '15 XRx,'18 XRt

Offline Matchbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Low
Re: Tiger 900 at eXcel Bike Show
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 02:36:37 PM »
I was there also - from Whitby.

It was good to see the bikes in the flesh and sit on both a standard GT and a Low one which I will probably order soon. Anyone interested in a 18 Tiger 800 XRT with Givi racks(no panniers)? Less than 8000mls.

Interested to confirm the GT does have fully adjustable front and rear suspension. Also power socket at front and beside seat.

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 05:07:55 PM »
Had a good rundown of the new bike from a rep at the show this morning. Couple of things I noted, the electrics on the suspension on the GT isn't semi active and only there to electronically adjust the preload. There is now very little under seat storage, the phone charger section is only just big enough for a phone (it didn't look deep enough to house a go pro) and the tool roll is now under the main seat. The rear light is a lot smaller with a wasted void above it. Maybe an integrated lockable storage compartment there to compensate for the lack of under seat storage would have been handy. Really the only negative things I could see compared to my xrt and the fact that service intervals are the same at 6 and 12k so no change there. Been told they should be slightly cheaper but only on the strength that there is less oil and fluids in the 900.  Love the new tft screen and also the styling. I think the ride is going to have to be something special for me to upgrade.

Offline Rgh999

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 05:39:31 PM »
Two queries based on these comments. Does the rally pro also have a 12v socket up front, and would there be space under either seat for an autocompleted unit and or auxiliary power fuse box.

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 05:46:22 PM »
yes to the socket upfront though it is now in the centre not at the side. My initial thoughts with that were cables catching what ever is plugged in if the din plug sticks up too much and probably yes to the fuse box but at the expense of the tool kit. The battery is now fully covered but there may be some space under the battery cover? 

Offline Rgh999

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 06:22:14 PM »
Great. Thanks for that. If as previous that will allow optima the charging through the front socket plus heated gear plus tyre pump. Not too worried about losing the toolkit as that can be carried in the top box if needed. Just need space for an autocom unit as I need bike to bike and autocom  is so easy. Better than the alternatives imho.

Offline Rgh999

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 06:23:21 PM »
How did seat height compare on the rally. Did the narrow seat make a difference.

Offline nobsta

• Tiger Master
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »
couldn't really get any idea as the bikes are on display stands annoyingly.

Offline sprint

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 02:21:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by nobsta [+]
Had a good rundown of the new bike from a rep at the show this morning. Couple of things I noted, the electrics on the suspension on the GT isn't semi active and only there to electronically adjust the preload. There is now very little under seat storage, the phone charger section is only just big enough for a phone (it didn't look deep enough to house a go pro) and the tool roll is now under the main seat. The rear light is a lot smaller with a wasted void above it. Maybe an integrated lockable storage compartment there to compensate for the lack of under seat storage would have been handy. Really the only negative things I could see compared to my xrt and the fact that service intervals are the same at 6 and 12k so no change there. Been told they should be slightly cheaper but only on the strength that there is less oil and fluids in the 900.  Love the new tft screen and also the styling. I think the ride is going to have to be something special for me to upgrade.

I too noticed the loss of the larger rear light cluster, which I quiet like, to now be left with a fairly unsightly, to my eye, void. But what they have now included is a large hole where the cluster used to be in the mudguard for all the road muck to run out.

My understanding was that they were supposed to have increased the service interval form 6 to 12 months, like the 1200, but that may not be correct?

Again it was my understanding that whilst the rear suspension is not sem-active you do now have full remote control on spring load, compressions and rebound damping? I guess we will have to wait for some more informed reviews?

I too have an 18XRt and whilst it is not very old I was looking to replace it with a new 900? Will be down to test rides as I was not overly impressed with the new 900's. Smaller screen seems to be a backwards step and a number of parts that came with the XRt as std are now accessories on the 900.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 02:22:42 PM by sprint »

Offline julianhj

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 08:01:40 PM »
Which accessories have been dropped when comparing 800 XRT with 900 GT Pro?

Recent Topics