Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2013 tiger 800 oem fog control circuit question  (Read 239 times)

Offline clendarc

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2013 tiger 800xc
2013 tiger 800 oem fog control circuit question
« on: February 17, 2020, 10:50:12 PM »
Hello,
My oem led fog lights on my tiger are not working properly. The switch will turn green and I will see 12v at both sets of contacts of the relay socket. If I jumper out the relay I can get the lights to turn on but  they are not working with the relay installed. I swapped the relay with my heated grip relay and the relay functions for the heated grips. I was also able to get the relays to actuate it with a 9v battery so I don't believe the relay is the issue. I believe the issue lies with the signal to the relay, either a bad connection or some switch logic. The battery was not in the best state of charge, currently charging the battery now. Anyone have more insight on how the switch works? Does it maintain 12v continually to the relay? Low voltage logic? 

Thanks

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
Re: 2013 tiger 800 oem fog control circuit question
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 12:42:38 PM »
There are separate outputs from the controller inside the switch for the green LED and the relay output so just because the LED works doesn't mean that the relay will also switch.

The fog light switch monitors the battery voltage and won't allow the relay output to power the lights if the measured voltage is too low. Wait until you've charged your battery then try again.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline clendarc

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2013 tiger 800xc
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 02:24:49 PM »
Thanks. I was able to turn them on with a full charge and the bike running after a few seconds of idling. Glad to know there is no issue with the fog light circuit but it may be time for a new battery because they would not turn on the other day when I was riding for 30 min which started the diagnostic and questions. The battery is the original so I should not be surprised it is on its last leg.

Offline grizzlybear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: tiger 800Xr
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 06:37:58 PM »
Another informative reply from T800XC, got to say that he is rarely wrong and answers are written for the less knowledgeable, like me :087:

Grizzly Bear
Safe Riding
Dave( Grizzlybear) honda 125T,  Z650C2, GPZ750, GTR1000, VX800, VN1500 ,2013 tiger800,2018 Tiger800Xr, CG125 and loads of C90`s  :)

Recent Topics

winded-staunch