Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Beeline Moto  (Read 952 times)

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
Re: Beeline Moto update
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 12:37:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
What phone would that be if you don't mind me asking?

https://www.cubot.net/smartphones/king-kong-3/

It's huge, heavy and the camera sucks, but definitely the best rugged phone I had, there are many chinese brands who actually seem to be one company, all their websites are identical, before I owned one of this brand and it was fine as well.
https://www.ulefone.com/products/#cate429

I can use a GPS app for 8h straight screen on, with the crazy battery they put in, but you need a specific 9V 2A charger, otherwise it's painfully slow to charge.

Just one note, if you buy one of these brands make sure about the frequency band, used in your country for 4G, some bands differ from country to country and it could be a problem.

Offline Mountie

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800&Bonnie
Re: Beeline Moto
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 03:41:46 PM »
Nice one!
Tiger 800 XRT & Bonneville T100

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 08:45:46 PM »
For that price I wouldn't even bother with a sum. I'd use it with offline maps like openStreetmap.
Thanks for the link.
Lost again

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 09:02:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
For that price I wouldn't even bother with a sum. I'd use it with offline maps like openStreetmap.
Thanks for the link.

Yes I took OsmAnd full paid sligthly and an I can download complete countries, it's much more efficient than google maps, just letting you download the maps as on your screen at the instant, but it doesn't allow much zooming offline.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2020, 07:28:01 PM »
Took the plunge and got a Beeline. I suppose this would equate somewhat to the latest version Tiger and the bluetooth turn by turn software/module. Differences being it's available now, cheaper and can mount easily in sight line. Major test tomorrow as I'll be doing 360km for 3 more photorally points. Created a .gpx route and imported it to the app.
Photo's and report to follow.
Lost again

Recent Topics