Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Derbyshire / S Yorks 12,000 service  (Read 2730 times)

Offline matt748

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
Derbyshire / S Yorks 12,000 service
« on: February 26, 2020, 08:35:45 PM »
Hi all,
Ive spent a couple of hours searching and emailing, but would appreciate any recommendations for the 12,000 mile service. Local dealer have quoted 514, but as Im out of warranty Im more than happy to use a quality independent. Im in Chesterfield.
TIA, Matt

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Derbyshire / S Yorks 12,000 service
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 09:06:59 PM »
That's a lot cheaper than most dealers charge. The price is unlikely to include any shim changes, usually adds another 100 at least + vat.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline peasy

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 09:16:46 PM »
Have a ride over to Lincolnshire and get Clive Wood to do it. Hell go through it with you in person if you stay while he is doing it and if there is something on the service sheet that doesnt actually need doing he will show you, explain and agree with you whether to do it or not.....good tea, bacon sarnie, display of Clives history in his hallway. Very realistic pricing...

Offline matt748

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 10:02:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by peasy [+]
Have a ride over to Lincolnshire and get Clive Wood to do it. Hell go through it with you in person if you stay while he is doing it and if there is something on the service sheet that doesnt actually need doing he will show you, explain and agree with you whether to do it or not.....good tea, bacon sarnie, display of Clives history in his hallway. Very realistic pricing...
Thanks Peasy, but I believe the engine needs to be cold for this service, hence dealer wanting it dropping off the night before. Unless you meant ride over the day before and b&b it?

Offline peasy

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 07:12:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by matt748 [+]
Thanks Peasy, but I believe the engine needs to be cold for this service, hence dealer wanting it dropping off the night before. Unless you meant ride over the day before and b&b it?

Ah rite yes cold engine. There is a b&b/pub with rooms in the village. Give Clive a ring and chat it through, decide from there...

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 07:36:16 PM »
Give Clive a ring and chat it through, decide from there...

:0461: I would have thought he probably deals with hot bikes arriving at Clive's start time with a hot engine may not be an issue? There is plenty he may do while the engine goes cold if it is a 12/24k service . stripping the tank off and possibly the cam covers (letting the heat out quicker), strip/clean/check all brake calipers, possibly strip out rear wheel for rubbing strip, strip and grease rear suspension linkage/bearings, strip/grease steering head bearings, oil & filter change, brake/coolant fluid change? he would probably be busy with most of that until after any dinner/bacon sarnie break at least, by which time (4 or 5hrs?) the engine would be cold enough for valve clearances (IMO). :027:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline prenticemarie

• Tiger Master
  • Moto2 GP - Hinckley Triples Rule !
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 11:51:22 AM »
Have a ride over to Lincolnshire and get Clive Wood to do it ...
None Better ... pity for me he moved from Bognor Regis ... :161:
My My, How Time Flies ... 61 Years ... From BSA DBD34 Gold Star To Tiger 800 Road ... 1959 - 2020 !

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 09:38:35 AM »
I presume you got a quote from Chesterfield triumph?
I had mine done there and was more than happy with what they did , bike felt and ran smoother when I picked it up and had a loan bike while it was in.

Offline street tango

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 08:03:18 PM »
+1 Clive if not already sorted. Yes lots to do while cooling down.

Offline matt748

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 08:56:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dazcoates [+]
I presume you got a quote from Chesterfield triumph?
I had mine done there and was more than happy with what they did , bike felt and ran smoother when I picked it up and had a loan bike while it was in.
I did, yes. I bought the bike and its predecessor from there, as well as the last service. Theyre a good dealer IMO.

Recent Topics