Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Side carriers from '14Xc, will they fit '18 XCa  (Read 279 times)

Offline jdyrnes

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger800Xca
Side carriers from '14Xc, will they fit '18 XCa
« on: February 27, 2020, 09:29:34 AM »
Hi all!
I am new to the forum, also new too the Tiger 800. I recently purchased a 2018 800 XCa. It came with a top box but no side carriers.
I have the possibility to buy a second hand set (SW Motech) that is currently monted on a 2014XC. I am basically wondering if it will fit my bike? There were quite a few updates to the 2018 model, but I haven't been able to find out if these changes also apply to the frame and the mounting holes for the side carriers? I know SW Motech sells the same model side carriers for both bikes, but the seller don't have any spare brackets or bolts other than the ones currently used for the 2014Xc...
Any help or input would be highly appreciated :-)

JD

Offline Dennis

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
Re: Side carriers from '14Xc, will they fit '18 XCa
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 08:36:09 AM »
Hi JD,

I think they will fit.
Im on my second Tiger now and fitted the side carriers I had on the first Tiger (2012 roads) to the second Tiger (2015 XCx) Without any issues.

Good luck with the bike!
Most motorcyle problems are caused by the nut connecting the saddle to the handlebars..

Offline jdyrnes

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger800Xca
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 11:13:08 AM »
Hi Dennis,
Thank you for your input! I have yet to go for any longer trips, but for my commute the bike is fantastic! Really pleased so far! Looking forward to nicer weather and temps, so I can go on some weekend trips.
I'm thinking you are right, I will go ahead and buy the side carriers.
If they dont't fit I'll just try and sell them again  :002:

Thank you for replying!

Offline Dennis

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 02:12:24 PM »
 :028:
Most motorcyle problems are caused by the nut connecting the saddle to the handlebars..

Recent Topics