Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Tiger 800 / 900 - General Discussion

couldn't lift the bike up......

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stevie.P:
 :172: ..... mine was left side on both occasions. :006:

rantanplan:
Originally Posted by Stevie.P I only have one bicep in each arm having torn one in each arm so have very limited arm strength with the constant fear that if I damaged the remaining bicep that arm would become useless.
But I had previously once seen this clip and remembering the technique have twice picked my Tiger up after mishaps. :028:

/>
The worst bit was the thought I would lift too far and the bike go past vertical and over onto it's other side. :005:
I just took it slow and made sure I had the bike stable before attempting to turn and get the side stand down.
Tryed that way but didn;t work for me  :084:  :027: maybe the sand didn't help
Thank you

PapaTom:
Study different techniques and then, as you mentioned, practice with a friend.
Glad you are OK.

:031:

rantanplan:
Originally Posted by PapaTom Study different techniques and then, as you mentioned, practice with a friend.
Glad you are OK.

:031:
will do so  :031:  :031:

Djairouks:
Originally Posted by Stevie.P I only have one bicep in each arm having torn one in each arm so have very limited arm strength with the constant fear that if I damaged the remaining bicep that arm would become useless.
But I had previously once seen this clip and remembering the technique have twice picked my Tiger up after mishaps. :028:

/>
The worst bit was the thought I would lift too far and the bike go past vertical and over onto it's other side. :005:
I just took it slow and made sure I had the bike stable before attempting to turn and get the side stand down.

The only problem with this technique, although I used it too, is that the front wheel is not in the best position to help you. A friend had the opportunity, to be in the last motorcycle troup in the swiss army years ago and the technique they use is simply if the bike falls on it's left side, point the tire to the sky, so full right hand lock, squat in front of the left handgrip, take it with both hands and just drive it up with you legs, you'd be surprised by the leverage power you have !

If you have arm issues, go to a climbing gear shop and buy 2 of their 1m strap, they use to attach on walls to rest, and if the bike goes down, attach on the frame or anywhere, squat both straps on your shoulders and lift, that's how most pro movers in switzerland move furniture.

If all else fails, just buy this thing : https://www.eastbound.shop/product-info/lifting-a-motorcycle-motowinch-info/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version