Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heat to the crotch ...fixed  (Read 2877 times)

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Heat to the crotch ...fixed
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2020, 12:31:43 PM »
I don't think anyone was arguing against using a suitable coolant mix, just the suggestion that it cooled more efficiently than straight water would
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2020, 12:50:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
I don't think anyone was arguing against using a suitable coolant mix, just the suggestion that it cooled more efficiently than straight water would

I didn't even say it cooled more efficiently, but the risk of cavitation or freeze with water is too high, so while in a perfect world and not too cold nor hot country water would be the best, in the real world you need glycol.
I just shouldn't have gone on a tangent to explain why either 100% water or glycol was bad, but that's what the Hot rod link suggested.
My initial point was to put a new mix in the circuit, because after years the previous owner, might have "polluted" the liquid, therefore reducing the cooling capacity of the system.

I rest my case, I said enough and today is my first day I ride  :046:, let's roll !

Offline Brettus

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XR 2011
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2020, 03:34:53 PM »
So ..............now we that sorted ...kinda  :017:

My cooling fan only comes on after the bike has sat at idle for several minutes or on a hot day when sitting at the lights. The temp never goes above the normal setting on the gauge . So there is no issue with the system doing it's job! Before or after the modification.
It's just that .............when the fan came on .... it was blowing freaking hot air right at my legs which was bloody uncomfortable ! Now it doesn't and life is better :)
I see very little risk with the rectifier but I guess people need to know what the potential risks are so thanks to those who pointed that out.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2020, 11:56:27 AM »
For more recent models of 2018, I just found this which might be interesting for some, I still didn't feel the heat so will see !

https://dragontt.com/producto/deflectores_tiger_800_xr__1/
https://dragontt.com/producto/deflectores-tiger-800d/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 12:00:23 PM by Djairouks »

Offline Brettus

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XR 2011
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2020, 07:17:31 PM »
Nice product .............. but I think our deflector restricts airflow WAY less than that one does . 

Recent Topics