Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Coronavirus - Do you think our summer plans are in danger?  (Read 7719 times)

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Coronavirus - Do you think our summer plans are in danger?
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 04:31:49 PM »
September before I'm off touring this year
If it hasn't settled by then I think there'll be more to worry about than a missed Holiday
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 05:12:38 PM »
I'm going to Austria with my local club in 8 weeks....I hope! :006: :006: :006:

Offline Jose

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 05:50:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
Hmmm...a couple too many decimal places methinks!  :001:
Yes, according to our friend, the tech guy, Switzerland has a population of 900 million... Oh, and the health system is soooooo good that it stops the virus from spreading. Do me a favour...

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2020, 06:12:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jose [+]
Yes, according to our friend, the tech guy, Switzerland has a population of 900 million... Oh, and the health system is soooooo good that it stops the virus from spreading. Do me a favour...

Maybe use your calculator (like the tech guy  :008: who screwed up) 630 infected divided by 8.57 millions people, is exactly 2 decimals off what I noted, oh and I lived in Italy for a bit so I'm not talking out of my ass either, unlike you here, in central Europe, France, germany, England, Asutria, Scandinavia, even spain have better health systems than Italy, nothing wrong in facing that all countries have strenghts and weaknesses, even mine, the point was it's not that bad like some pretend death toll are twice what flu (0.1%) does.
So you know about the swiss health system better than Swiss people it seems... I didn't boast or pretend it stops the virus, why you would feel attacked by such phrase baffles me !

Don't worry I wont waste more time on this subject, I prefer civil people and don't want to start some kind of trolling  :151: jesus !

Good evening !
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:41:06 PM by Djairouks »

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2020, 06:28:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
Don't worry I wont waste more time on this subject, I prefer civil people and don't want to start some kind of trolling  :151: jesus !

Hey Chill Dude.  :492:

You just had a bout of BS overload, no big deal, it's happened before.

Try 0.0074% downstairs for the dancing.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2020, 06:38:03 PM »
To everyone, please cut out any personal attacks on other members, this is friendly forum and it will stay that way.

Back to the subject....
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 07:08:39 PM »
Germany hasn't got its blinkers on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51835856

Offline kokkios

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger800XRT
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 09:42:58 PM »
All schools are closing for 10 days in my country for now. Probably the measure will extend after the 10 day period expires. Cant see why things will be any better in 10 days time.

They will probably also extend the school year and cut days off summer holidays. Since i work in a school it seems that if not canceled all together i will have to make amends to my summer tour.  But hey it is what it is. I just hope that everyone is all right our loved ones included and there is always time for travelling and tours. 

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 12:53:00 AM »
We were due to be going to Austria at the end of May, I havnt cancelled anything yet but the more I hear about what's happening the less I feal comfortable going away with the missus ( shes diabetic). Would have been our first bike trip together and have been planning it best part of a year .
I'm gutted to say the least. I can start cancelling hotels etc at start of May and loose nothing.
As Andrea keeps saying to make me feal better. " Theres always next year and the Alps are going nowhere"
Roll on 2021  :161:

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 09:40:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dazcoates [+]
We were due to be going to Austria at the end of May, I havnt cancelled anything yet but the more I hear about what's happening the less I feal comfortable going away with the missus

Austria is not looking too bad....up to now, having shut the border from Italy. We have planned 2 trips, one to Italy then another to Spain. The Italy trip might finish in Austria, they have less than a quarter of the Coronavirus  cases of Switzerland, their neighbour, with a similar population.

Not seen any real logic as to why Italy is so bad, they have more spends on healthcare per capita than most countries even a midges more than the UK according to the WHO figures.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch