Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Coronavirus - Do you think our summer plans are in danger?  (Read 7718 times)

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Coronavirus - Do you think our summer plans are in danger?
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 09:45:14 AM »
Could some countries be hushing it up to stop widespread panic?

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 09:56:26 AM »
Could some countries be hushing it up to stop widespread panic?

Quite possibly, that could well be true to some extent.

I know mainly older people have succumbed to the virus, but in Italy plenty of healthy younger people have also passed away. 50% of people end up in hospital and 20% of them need ITU. They are overwhelmed. Hardly like normal flu.

Apparently the modelling says the UK is 9 to 14 days behind Italy, a sobering thought.

I've never washed my hands so much.

Got a trip planned to the Czech Republic next week (flying). At the moment the trip is still on but in all honesty it looks like we'll have to cancel as things are escalating day by day. Quite possibly it'll be ok when we leave but my concern is that we'll get stuck there if it kicks off big time.
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline Jose

• Tiger Member
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2020, 10:32:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
Not seen any real logic as to why Italy is so bad, they have more spends on healthcare per capita than most countries
Dont take this amiss but some of you lot are getting it wrong, youre using the wrong logic. Let me put it this way: just because there are fewer cases recorded in Burundi than in the UK doesnt mean Burundis health system is better than UKs. (No offence, Burundians)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 10:50:35 AM »
Healthcare systems are generally setup to meet normal demand, if that gets overwhelmed by volumes then to some extent it doesn't matter how good the system is they simply won't have the capacity. Take out healthcare personel (who are also getting infected) and it all falls apart.
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline kokkios

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger800XRT
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2020, 11:01:56 AM »
For sure some countries that live off of tourism are trying to hush the whole thing. Especially not very democratic ones. Like for example Turkey. A country of 80 million has reported 1 case of coronavirus. Lets all move to Turkey :)

Offline Flyingbanana

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800,SV1000
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 11:41:48 AM »
I would normally have my whole year booked up with WSBK, MotoGP, BSB & other trips but sitting tight for the moment.
'' Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art ''

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2020, 12:07:17 PM »
 :435:
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]

Not seen any real logic as to why Italy is so bad, they have more spends on healthcare per capita than most countries even a midges more than the UK according to the WHO figures.

Patients were originally thought to have cold / flu due to the cold weather at the time.

As of 6pm tonight ALL schools / colleges and childcare closed until 29 March at least here in Ireland.
All cultural activities of more than 500 people cancelled. etc etc
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2020, 12:27:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
:435:
Patients were originally thought to have cold / flu due to the cold weather at the time.

As of 6pm tonight ALL schools / colleges and childcare closed until 29 March at least here in Ireland.
All cultural activities of more than 500 people cancelled. etc etc

I say, be a good chap and get this sorted, I'm coming over in early May to ride the Ring of Kerry and Wild Atlantic Way......

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2020, 12:29:02 PM »
Schools in Italy are closing and people are being tested arriving, or departing from some airports (again especially in Northern Italy), however a friend of a work colleague came back from Italy yesterday, was checked as he left, but just strolled through at Manchester airport, then got a train home to Yorkshire, phoned 111 and was told not to bother and just carry on as normal.

The British and American governments are much too slow to respond, in part because they don't, or won't understand it, at work we've been told we're going to be given laptops so we can potentially work from home, but that was the middle of last week and nothing's happened yet.

The hope is amongst many that a change to warmer weather will kill it off, but since it's still low single figures (+3C this morning) in the UK, so that theory could have an obvious flaw  :017:

It could and should have run its course by the end of April, but nobody really knows, most countries have now declared it a pandemic, but there's no saying what happens next.
Now available in "Batman"

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2020, 12:32:36 PM »
It makes me smile, the "work from home" statement. Bricklayers, plasterers, doctors, drivers.....

Recent Topics