Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Coronavirus - Do you think our summer plans are in danger?  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
Re: Coronavirus - Do you think our summer plans are in danger?
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2020, 12:31:17 PM »
Well no turning back here now , I've just cancelled 8 of our hotels on booking.com. cant risk it with missus being diabetic and possibility of getting stranded , stuck in one place.
The Alps will still be there next year. ( hopefully we will be as well  :152: )

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2020, 02:24:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by mcinlb [+]
Re Summer plans, I am booked to attend the Newchurch Festival in Austria last week in June, hope thats still on and can get to it.
Also going to the Alps & Dolomites end of August, if I don't get to that we're in deep s**t.....
Yes, we were planning Austria in early September, but delayed booking. At a 14 week life cycle of the virus, I'm not hopeful.
On the bright side, despite all the loo roll boarding this virus doesn't cause diarrhoea, so the sh.t  won't be too deep!

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2020, 07:00:34 AM »
As of now being in the "center" of it in Switzerland, Only France hasn't closed it's borders, Germany, Austria and Italy are closed foreign workers are not allowed, now many parts of Switzerland (cantons) declared emergency state, even if hospital are in no way overwhelmed, basically only the food shops, animal shops and first necessity shops are allowed to stay opened, everything else is closed, most industrial companies however stay opened.

So yes if you plan visiting the alps you can forget it till end April at least, as the shutting down guidelines will be in effect until the 30th of April at least here.

I think this is a huge reality check on governments, about the globalization and border control in Europe.

As I've seen many of you are retirees here, even if you're in good health, I'd advise everyone to stay more at home to be safe, in my country they say being 65 and more is as much of a risk, as having chronic disease or breathing issues.

Stay safe everybody !

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2020, 07:52:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by steve@lincs [+]
Yes, we were planning Austria in early September, but delayed booking. At a 14 week life cycle of the virus, I'm not hopeful.
On the bright side, despite all the loo roll boarding this virus doesn't cause diarrhoea, so the sh.t  won't be too deep!

A lot can change before then. I just got email from a pal who lives in Austria.

It's beginning to bite a little bit. Schools have closed, as have a lot of shops. They say supermarkets may stay open as their staff can be a bit more removed from the customers. The Gemeinde (local council) have organised that, amongst other things, they will collect prescriptions from your GP, get them made up in the chemists, then bring 'em round, leave 'em on your doorstep 'n ring the bell.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »
Knock down ginger for grown ups!!

At least doing the photorally is pretty solitary.
Lost again

Recent Topics