Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel Injection Cleaner  (Read 282 times)

Offline coddy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
Fuel Injection Cleaner
« on: March 11, 2020, 08:39:07 PM »
Does anyone use it? If so does it matter which one?

Reason I'm asking is a mate said I should try using some before I change the plugs on my winter hack which has recently become hard to start.

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
Re: Fuel Injection Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 09:06:17 PM »
If you feel the need? -- to sort a problem that may not respond to ordinary diagnostics. Mis-fires, for instance, can be a fuel injector issue as well as ignition.
We have some gasolines rated as "Top Tier" that are supposed to have F.I. injector cleaner added (thereby making the assumption that lesser fuels don't...).
Chevron "Techron" has been around a long time and has been recco'd. There are others - some stronger: read the contents label -- strong chemicals in some.
Companies that sell additives usually adhere to the rule of "First, do no harm."
As to hard starting: (probably?) address the normal causes first.
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Offline bctiger

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 19 Tiger 800xcx
Re: Fuel Injection Cleaner
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 07:06:33 AM »
I have been using Seafoam motor treatment for years. Its works as a fuel stabilizer and a cleaner.  It has served me well in both areas.
Shiny side up !

Recent Topics

winded-staunch