Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Benefits of a pre filter  (Read 1415 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online K1W1

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 4422
  • Bike: XRX
  • Location: SE Australia
Benefits of a pre filter
« on: March 16, 2020, 01:12:18 AM »
The pre filter was cleaned at the beginning of summer (October) and was filthy after a not a massive number of dusty dirt road miles over the last 5 months. The OEM air filter was in the bike for 25 months and 23,000km and was still in good nick. If there had not been a new filter in the 40K km service parts kit I would have left it in the bike for another 10k km.



for info this is the old and a new filter


Offline padderico

  • Tiger Cub
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA 18
  • Location: Derry
Re: Benefits of a pre filter
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 12:47:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
The pre filter was cleaned at the beginning of summer (October) and was filthy after a not a massive number of dusty dirt road miles over the last 5 months. The OEM air filter was in the bike for 25 months and 23,000km and was still in good nick. If there had not been a new filter in the 40K km service parts kit I would have left it in the bike for another 10k km.



for info this is the old and a new filter



Yep!, looks amazing at what the pre filter can do. Just installed mine 3 days ago.  :002:

Offline Guyver

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 576
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
  • Location: Black Country
Re: Benefits of a pre filter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 07:19:00 PM »
Where can we get the prefilters from?

I've seen online that they have them in Australia, but their website redirects to a UK site that doesn't stock any.

I've searched eBay but they only list newer model filters and not the 2012 model.

Online K1W1

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 4422
  • Bike: XRX
  • Location: SE Australia
Re: Benefits of a pre filter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 10:21:29 PM »
The manufacturer is an Australian company called Uniflow. Look up their website they ship internationally.

Offline Guyver

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 576
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
  • Location: Black Country
Re: Benefits of a pre filter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 10:38:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
The manufacturer is an Australian company called Uniflow. Look up their website they ship internationally.
That was the website I went to. Seems they allocate a local company now.

Online K1W1

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 4422
  • Bike: XRX
  • Location: SE Australia
Re: Benefits of a pre filter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 11:11:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Guyver [+]
That was the website I went to. Seems they allocate a local company now.

They are a fairly small company. Send them a message via their website saying that the UK link is no good. I suspect that their website is out of date. They have always replied to messages I have sent.

Online K1W1

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 4422
  • Bike: XRX
  • Location: SE Australia
Re: Benefits of a pre filter
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 11:14:36 PM »
Not sure whether you can see this on their website but it indicates to me that the do ship internationally.

Due to the current worldwide Covid-19 crisis, many countries are experiencing shipping delays, with some countries stopping all in bound deliveries. Unifilter will process all orders as soon as possible. Unifilter will receive and packaged all orders ready for shipment at the earliest possible time. Unifilter will only process payments when the order is able to be shipped.
Unifilter Australia uses Australia Post for international shipping. You can check on estimated shipping times by following this link Shipping Times

Online K1W1

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 4422
  • Bike: XRX
  • Location: SE Australia
Re: Benefits of a pre filter
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 11:30:30 PM »
It is 8.30 Thursday here and I just rang Uniflow and spoke the Rebecca (the owner). They definitely 100% ship to the UK from Australia. Just go to their website order the product and fill in the online forms and the goods will be dispatched.

https://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/en-us/d371_TRIUMPHADV.html

Offline Guyver

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 576
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
  • Location: Black Country
Re: Benefits of a pre filter
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 12:24:51 AM »
That's brill.

The covid message wasn't displaying for me, but I'm using s mobile phone so don't always get the full website.

Online K1W1

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 4422
  • Bike: XRX
  • Location: SE Australia
Re: Benefits of a pre filter
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 12:41:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by Guyver [+]
That's brill.

The covid message wasn't displaying for me, but I'm using s mobile phone so don't always get the full website.

Good.
As I said they are quite a small company and I'm not sure that their website has all the latest tech in its back end.  :002:

 


Recent Topics