Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Benefits of a pre filter  (Read 1191 times)

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Benefits of a pre filter
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2020, 06:07:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by chuckxc [+]
K1W1 may have been referring to his political position. The location of the air intake is left of centre.

Left - Right its blocked by the ABS pump which @chuckxc does not know about because his first XC did not have ABS because it was prehistoric just like .....   :001:

The air intake on the post 15 models is hard against the left and is easy to get at. The opening is also round whereas the opening on the early bikes was square so more difficult to get a seal on.

Offline Bladerunner99

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCA
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2020, 07:51:47 AM »
The air intake on the post 15 models is hard against the left and is easy to get at. The opening is also round whereas the opening on the early bikes was square so more difficult to get a seal on.
[/quote]

I always coat the rubber end of the pre filter with a smear of red rubber grease, helps to ease it into the airbox opening and provides an additional dust seal.
Ride to work. Work to ride

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2020, 09:09:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bladerunner99 [+]

I always coat the rubber end of the pre filter with a smear of red rubber grease, helps to ease it into the airbox opening and provides an additional dust seal.
I got tons of red rubber grease. At least that's one thing I don't need to go out and buy.

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2020, 07:38:11 PM »
2 emails today.

1 says shipping

The other says shipped.

Very speedy service. Really impressed. 

Let's hope Royal Mail don't lose this like my gun holster that's still somewhere in their tracking depot waiting to be delivered since January  :232:

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2020, 11:04:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Guyver [+]
2 emails today.

1 says shipping

The other says shipped.

Very speedy service. Really impressed.   

That is Australia Posts automated tracking system. Unless it is a receipted delivery you probably will not be able to track its progress any further but here in Australia what happens is the parcel usually goes to the nearest post office and you get an email to say to go and pick it up then when you do within seconds of having it passed across the counter you get another email saying it has been delivered. Often you then get yet another email from Australia Post wanting you to tell them how good they are. It becomes a bore after a while.

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2020, 11:51:21 PM »
Beats having to call the Royal Mail asking where the parcel is. The usual answer is, it's been delivered or collected by you. If it was collected by me I wouldn't be here now asking where my parcel is  :232:

Recent Topics