Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] MEGAMEET 2020 - POSTPONED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS  (Read 11069 times)

• Offline Stevie.P   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    5702

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
    • REME -'Arte et Marte' ... By Skill and by Fighting
    • Bike/Model: 2015 Tiger XRt
    Re: MEGAMEET 2020 - POSTPONED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
    Reply #40 on: Aug 31, 2020, 01.27 pm
    Aug 31, 2020, 01.27 pm
    Hi Uli. It would be disappointing for you not to attend but in perspective the current situation has brought many disappointments (to most people) but the end game is obviously to stay safe. As it happens, this morning, when my wife and I walked to the newsagents (bank holiday in the UK) we were discussing events ahead and she mentioned bike gear as she needs a new helmet before next year and that my new gear I recently bought will probably prove its worth in Wales and I did reply that being late October the odds were that it will be cold'ish and wet, though Autumn 2018 Minimeet set a standard for rain I believe hard to beat. :190: :008:

I know that because of the distance you normally make a long break of it taking in some rides before and after the Megameet weekend so you would still want to do that in your car? I think, regarding the bike, the potential riding conditions on your side of the channel will probably be your main factor. The UK (IMO), for most of us, may get wetter but isn't really getting uncomfortably cold for riding until around the start of December into January/February, particularly here in the SW where snow is as rare as rocking horse poop. :027:

I am still holding out on the fact that there has been so much torrential rain across the country over the last few months that there will be none left for Wales come October ...  :164: ... maybe a hope too far. :112: :008:
    Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

• Offline Derchef1962   de

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    1548

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: 900 GT PRO 2021
    Reply #41 on: Aug 31, 2020, 02.23 pm
    Aug 31, 2020, 02.23 pm
    *Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]

I think, regarding the bike, the potential riding conditions on your side of the channel will probably be your main factor.
    my fears exactly, I'd be spending three days of riding through Germany and France on the way up and at least two days in Holland and Germany on the way down...

As long the cancellation policy is what they said on the phone I'll be able to decide almost in last minute.

I have been to the UK in my car fairly often mostly in Devon and Cornwall so I know what the distance is like and how to manage it. Not the best option regarding the fun but it is an option.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

• Offline Derchef1962   de

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    1548

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: 900 GT PRO 2021
    Reply #42 on: Sep 08, 2020, 05.31 pm
    Sep 08, 2020, 05.31 pm
    Had the hotel on the phone today again and now cancellation policy is as follows
    If you were to cancel between now and 7 days prior to arrival you would lose your 20.00 deposit that was paid at the time of making the reservation.

If you were to cancel within 4 to 7 days of the arrival date the reservation would be charged at 60% and if cancelled within 72 hours (3 days) before arrival 100% of the booking would be chargeable.

That's exactly what it says on my booking confirmation, so I will have to decide on Thursday 15 October at the latest what to do. Checked the ferry situation today: the ferries going from Cherbourg to the UK are either not running until November or fully booked. So looks like Dunkirk-Dover if I am coming....

and of course this is all suject to the Tiger being repaired see herehttps://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,28544.msg309335/topicseen.html#new
    Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

• Offline JMc   gb

• Tiger Master  ‐    849

Offline JMc

• Tiger Master
    • Bike/Model: tiger800
    Reply #43 on: Sep 09, 2020, 01.44 pm
    Sep 09, 2020, 01.44 pm
    Based on the announcements made by the Government last night and the follow up today it look every decreasing that we will be able to meet up this October in a ground of more than 6 !!

Jmc

• Offline dallewed   wales

• Tiger Master  ‐    328
    • Topic Author

Offline dallewed

• Tiger Master
    • Topic Author
    • Today is the correct time to do things
    • Bike/Model: 1200Scrambler XC
    Reply #44 on: Sep 11, 2020, 05.54 pm
    Sep 11, 2020, 05.54 pm
    Alas, the Welsh Government has now confirmed maximum groups of 6 people indoors. Riding may not be an issue as we will be outdoors, but when stopping for teas and lunch and also for the evening meal it becomes a group of >6 people. I have spoken to the hotel today and will send out an email/PM with the options.
    Nils Desperandum, Nils Carborundum

winded-staunch