Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ferries booked  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
Re: Ferries booked
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 10:26:03 AM »
Ryanair to Tenerife 21st March CANCELLED
P&O to Rosslare 1st May
Chunnel for Austria 30th May
P&O to Rosslare 12th September

Not looking good until September!

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2020, 07:39:05 AM »
Brittany ferries have suspended all passenger services, which was to be expected, I guess
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 09:03:49 AM »
Yes ^^^ I got the email this morning. An extract for those who have booked & paid.

Frequently asked questions
My booked sailing has been cancelled. What happens now?
Were now in the process of automatically cancelling customers and issuing a voucher for the amount of the affected sailing. The voucher will be accompanied by an explanatory email (that will further explain your options) and can be redeemed against a future sailing or inclusive holiday with Brittany Ferries. The voucher will remain valid for 12 months.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline kempy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: MK1 800XC 2010
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 05:56:40 AM »
I booked a while ago with Brittany Ferries Portsmouth to Santander Saturday 11  Jul 2020 - fingers crossed and really hoping its still on!
It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll

Offline tcbandituk

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: XRt & Street RS
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2020, 08:12:54 AM »
They should be issuing a cash refund, although they can offer a voucher as an option.......
2020 Street Triple RS
2018 Tiger 800 XRt

TC Drag Bike

Offline PapaTom

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Blue XRx (Gen2)
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 09:50:49 AM »
I'm booked for the end of June.
No email yet.
Still hopeful (but realistic) 😕

Ah well.
I'm better off than a lot of people.

:031:

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 10:37:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by tcbandituk [+]
They should be issuing a cash refund, although they can offer a voucher as an option.......

I've had 2 sailings cancelled by them in the past, they offer a voucher but also give a refund if you request it.
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2020, 10:44:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
... cancelling customers and issuing a voucher ...

This seems to be the main response rather than refunds. I was due to have a 5 day family break at Center Parcs Nottingham in May. I have been advised I can transfer the booking to alternative dates for free (no admin fee) and get a refund of the difference if less or pay the extra if more no option of refund (already fully paid). However it wasn't easy getting this holiday organised to get holiday time off for my wife and 2 daughters all for the same dates so not so easy until this crisis is resolved to even consider trying to organise alternative dates .... we (all) don't clearly know how long this is likely to last.  :003:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline tcbandituk

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: XRt & Street RS
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2020, 10:50:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
This seems to be the main response rather than refunds. I was due to have a 5 day family break at Center Parcs Nottingham in May. I have been advised I can transfer the booking to alternative dates for free (no admin fee) and get a refund of the difference if less or pay the extra if more no option of refund (already fully paid). However it wasn't easy getting this holiday organised to get holiday time off for my wife and 2 daughters all for the same dates so not so easy until this crisis is resolved to even consider trying to organise alternative dates .... we (all) don't clearly know how long this is likely to last.  :003:

If you're cancelling it, then that's all they have to do.
If they're cancelling it, as I understand it, they have to refund the money rather than a voucher if requested.
2020 Street Triple RS
2018 Tiger 800 XRt

TC Drag Bike

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2020, 11:16:40 AM »
If you're happy to rebook or take a voucher and you paid with a credit card, do it.
Losing these businesses from lack of cash can only be a bad thing in the long term
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Recent Topics