Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MOT exteded 6 months due to coronavirus  (Read 443 times)

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
Re: MOT exteded 6 months due to coronavirus
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 10:29:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
I wish we actually had regular vehicle roadworthy inspections here.
If I buy a new bike today and own it for the next 25 years it never once needs an inspection. Inspections are only required when vehicles are sold.
What than means is that statistically your can't drive or ride for more than 10 minutes in melbourne without being within 20 metres of an unroadworthy vehicle according to the research I have seen. As soon as it gets dark here it seems that probably 5% of all the vehicles on the road think they are motorcycles because they only have one working headlight!

Understand what you are saying but what you do not want is a TV inspector barely able to get your bike of the centre stand telling what's wrong with it. TV is the German MOT authority no sense of humour at all.
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline prenticemarie

• Tiger Master
  • Moto2 GP - Hinckley Triples Rule !
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
Re: MOT exteded 6 months due to coronavirus
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 01:11:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
... As soon as it gets dark here it seems that probably 5% of all the vehicles on the road think they are motorcycles because they only have one working headlight !
Much the same here in the UK as people cannot be bothered, or cannot afford replacements, as Car Manufacturers make it so b****y difficult to change a bulb !  :232:
My My, How Time Flies ... 61 Years ... From BSA DBD34 Gold Star To Tiger 800 Road ... 1959 - 2020 !

Recent Topics

winded-staunch