Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: clean your chain and lube it at the same time, with clean hands  (Read 1663 times)

Offline tigerman1960

• Tiger Member
  • Ride triumph, for the journey ahead
  • Bike: tiger800 XCA
Re: clean your chain and lube it at the same time, with clean hands
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 06:21:06 PM »
always interesting mr fortnine, but i am with you, i love my scottoiler, and whatever anyone says, i will stick with lubing my chain, i know when its well lubed, as it runs smooth and quiet, like a lot of things in life they move better with a bit of lube  :007: :007: :492:
never ride faster than you can think

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 06:50:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by tigerman1960 [+]
always interesting mr fortnine, but i am with you, i love my scottoiler, and whatever anyone says, i will stick with lubing my chain, i know when its well lubed, as it runs smooth and quiet, like a lot of things in life they move better with a bit of lube  :007: :007: :492:

:0461: Mr Fortnine is very good normally. I don't think so in this case. A scottoiler washes crud off as it lubes so keeps the chain clean. The roller inner is factory lubed & sealed in, the roller to sprocket would appreciate a bit of lube & most important imo is to keep the O or X ring seals lubed & moist so they don't wear out or dry out.

Each to their own opinions but after 25 years of using Scottoilers, I know they work a treat 'cos I get 30k + from chain kits. The smoother they run the less power is sapped.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Dirtbag

• Tiger Pro
  • I don't know why ,but I love my tiger
  • Bike: tiger 800 xcx
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2020, 08:13:52 PM »
A scottoiler washes crud off as it lubes so keeps the chain clean. ( experience  counts ) It doesn't make sense to me . but if works . I better buy one and try it out for myself .(  i did get 25k out of my oe chain and it was still in good shape ,I decided to install new one anyhow but it took  a lot of Mutol grease and cleaning all the time) A scottoiler could save me from crawling on the ground and pushing my bike a few feet at a time to lube that thing every few miles .
I did find model xsystem  S0-8005 its 250$ us Is that about right ?  thx
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:36:35 PM by Dirtbag »

Offline tigerman1960

• Tiger Member
  • Ride triumph, for the journey ahead
  • Bike: tiger800 XCA
never ride faster than you can think

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 09:38:09 PM »
My old Speed Four is still shown on the Scottoiler website as I was the first to fit one on that model. They seemed impressed I'd managed to fit the oiler under the seat.

Offline Dirtbag

• Tiger Pro
  • I don't know why ,but I love my tiger
  • Bike: tiger 800 xcx
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2020, 05:53:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by tigerman1960 [+]
All oil, chain wax, grease etc. Will collect dirt, I personally still use a scottoiler X version, but after I have cleaned my chain with either paraffin or a proprietary chain cleaner, I just give it a good run over with this to coat it before the scottoiler does its work.
I do think that some types of lubrications are worse then others , the motul grease was awful as far a collecting dirt . The quick dry chain waxes do seem collect less dirt. I will try the Scott Oiler next .

Recent Topics