Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Xrt wiring loom  (Read 443 times)

Offline Scootsmith

• Tiger Member
Xrt wiring loom
« on: March 28, 2020, 12:02:43 PM »
Does any one have the wiring key for what each wire does? Cheers.

Online philmcglass

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Mine's a pint
  • Bike: Tiger XRX 2016
Re: Xrt wiring loom
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 01:10:24 PM »
Copied from an earlier thread.
Did a search for xrt wiring

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,23381.msg263612.html#msg263612
Find the Line

Offline Scootsmith

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 02:11:53 PM »
Thanks. I've got the wiring diagram and list of component parts with colour wiring code. But I need to find out the function of the wires coming to/ from the heated seat switch and heated seat. E.g. which is live etc.

Online philmcglass

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Mine's a pint
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 05:55:34 PM »
Sorry. Misunderstood.
Do you have a switch and wiring loom?

Looks like power on switch (item 56) pin 1 purple and return on pin 2 black.
Two conductors to the seat from the switch. pins 3 and 4.
Not clear if one is power in other some kind of feedback?
I would start by connecting power and return to the switch and see if you get any output on 3 and 4. before connecting to the seat.
Find the Line

Offline Scootsmith

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 09:07:15 PM »
I've  not got a switch as yet but I've seen one for sale. It's the handle bar mounted double switch.  I've got both heated seats but no other parts as yet. My bike is a pre abs 2011xc. My auto spark friend is needing some more info before we start the challenge. Thanks for your advice so far. Do you know if we will need any other parts? Cheers.

Online philmcglass

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Mine's a pint
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 09:33:08 PM »
I'm kind of speculating a bit as I dont have XRT or heated seats so I don't want to mislead you.
When I bought switch for aux lights it came with a cable and connector to mate with the bike loom.
Hopefully your switch will come with a cable.

T800XC on the forum may be able to advise on the technology in the switch.

You will need mating connectors for the seats. These are generally Sumimoto connectors and available from a few places.
If you can photo and post here we may be able to identify the connectors.
Find the Line

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 03:16:16 PM »
Philmcglass has already covered the basics of the switch connections etc pretty well above, so that should get you going, but I'll add a bit more.

How you use the switch may depend on the seats that you have. Triumph appear to have released at least two versions of heated seats over the years, as far as I can tell. You'll need to take a look at the connectors on each seat to check if they have 2 or 3 wires each.

From the wiring diagram linked-to above you'll see items 54, 55 & 56. On the switch (56), the wires are most likely as follows:-

Pin 1 - Purple : +12V incoming fused supply
Pin 2 - Black : 0V supply return
Pin 3 - Red/Black : Rider's seat supply #1
Pin 4 - Red/Blue : Rider's seat supply #2
Pin 5 - Green/Black : Pillion's seat supply #1
Pin 6 - Red/Purple : Pillion's seat supply #2

If your seat connector has 3 wires (red / black / orange) then it would seem that the heater matrix inside the seat has 2 elements or circuits. You can check these by taking a resistance measurement between the black wire and the red & orange wires in turn. If this all checks out then the black wire is the 0V supply return and the signals listed as #1 & #2 above should be switched 12V signals to the two heater circuits per seat. On the low setting just one circuit will be powered (say, #1) but on the high setting both should be powered.

I'm not sure if my #1 & #2 comments above are low & high, or high & low so you'll have to suck it & see!

It's possible that only one supply wire is used to power the heater in each seat and as philmcglass mentioned above the 2nd wire is some feedback, but I'm not aware of that being the case.

I've tried checking this on my 1200XRT but the seats only have 2 wires, so Triumph control them slightly differently. For reference, the heater elements on my two seats measure 12 ohms.

Might also be worth checking out the following thread, if you've not already done so....
https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,18527.0.html

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Scootsmith

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 09:20:08 PM »
Brilliant info. Cheers. I'll get my talented mate on the case and see how we go.....😊

Recent Topics