Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Front & Rear Cameras  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Ponch101

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800Xrx Low
Front & Rear Cameras
« on: April 04, 2020, 06:32:52 PM »
Hi, My question is, has anyone looked at or fitted these cameras to the front and rear of there motorcycle, I am trying to get any information on the quality and build of the camera system,  ( I can't afford the Innovv K2 system at 300.00 ). You can look at the system on eBay using the number below.  In advance Thanks for any feed back. Ponch101

Blueskysea B1M HD 1080P  motorcycle drive recorder has dual 1080P cameras on the front and rear and can record high-quality HD video. The frame rate is 30fps

eBay item number:274140388014

Offline Mountie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
Re: Front & Rear Cameras
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 03:59:11 PM »
Hi Ponch. Not got one myself but you've peaked my interest as I was looking at the Innovv cameras as well but didn't like the cost either! Looking into these they do seem to get some good reviews. They were on Amazon at some point and got some decent reviews
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blueskysea-Motorcycle-Recorder-Waterproof-Recording/dp/B07ZQCNX9R

I think for just over a hundred quid may be worth a punt and a job to do on lockdown!
Tiger 800 XRT & Bonneville T100

Offline Mountie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 02:43:03 PM »
Good review been put up today on youtube

Tiger 800 XRT & Bonneville T100

Offline Old__Rider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 05:26:20 PM »
I too was looking for something like this, its the quality of the pictures that is putting me off. Anyone got either system and is happy with the video quality?

Thanks.
Londoner living in Leicestershire, working in Nottingham (soon to be Northamptonshire) and riding a 800 XRt.

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 05:49:18 PM »
Have you seen the videos?
Youtube does not get anywhere near replicating the quality you'd see viewing the files directly, that goes for all camera systems
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Old__Rider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 06:30:54 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.

That's the point, all the videos I have seen are from Youtube and the quality looks dire. Anywhere else I can get a different view would be good please?
Londoner living in Leicestershire, working in Nottingham (soon to be Northamptonshire) and riding a 800 XRt.

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 06:41:09 PM »
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Old__Rider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 07:46:29 PM »
I'll take a look. Thanks again.

Offline Little H

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRXLow
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 08:44:35 PM »
I've had the Innovv camera system since 2016 but not yet fitted it to this bike. I only mounted the front camera as I was using it for recording tours. The camera was mounted on the screen and the DVR unit under the seat. The picture quality was fine, but I did not like the way it recorded anything red and I later found out that this was because there is no IR filter in the camera. It seems all the cheap/small camera systems are the same and this is why you can use your smartphone for IR photography.

Vibration was an issue for me, as at certain engine revs the picture would start to become wavy as it went through a beat frequency. I also saw this on previous cameras I had tried. In the end I developed a damping system using a kind of sticky plastic that drummers use on cymbals. The cameras are guaranteed waterproof and they are. Mine saw some prolonged torrential rain and never faltered.

The DVR unit has GPS sensor unit that shows coordinates and speed. You can hide speed at any chosen speed limit. There is also a file protection button if you want to retain say an incident as the unit overwrites files when the card is full. The reason I initially chose the Innovv was the DVR unit and the permanent power connection, so no faff with batteries when on tour.

All in all it does the job, but as you say is not cheap. It's a Chinese company that takes an existing in-car system and hardens it for bike use and I found their customer service to be excellent with next day responses to any questions.   

Offline Old__Rider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 07:59:27 AM »
Thanks for that Little H. A bit more research required by me I think.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch